Struggling with motivation

Options
Hi there - Struggle is all I seem to do lately. I had lost 35 pounlds two years ago - with another 35 to go and just couldn't seem to lose any more. I gained all but 13 back. I am workign with an exercise physiologist who set calories and a work out routine for me. I know it should work but have only lost a total of 2 pounds in 5 weeks. I will be highly motivated one week then blow it the next. how do you keep yourself motivated? I am a big stress eater and stress has been overabundant lately. Exercise was tough for a while. I had some extreme fatigue issues due to vitamin D and B12 deficiencies but am working to get thoes levels up to where they shoudl be. I don't want to be full of excuses but that is what it feels like. What do you do to stay motivated or to get back on track? Any advice woudl be greatly appreciated
Jane

Replies

• oluwatoyosi
    Options
    Hi, I'm new to this site and i have tried so many things to lose the weight, but i keep giving up as well..But today my friend and work mate just introduced me and truly i'm impressed with how far she's gone. Find someone with a size you hope to achieve and always look at that. Maybe buy a dress that you really like (a size down), and work towards seeing yourself wearing it..I'm going to do that myself..
  • michelles30
    michelles30 Posts: 11
    Options
    Find a friend to walk with every day. You will be more likely to go if your friend is knocking at your door and you can't come up with an excuse that doesn't sound lame. :)
  • itsDorian7
    itsDorian7 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Motivation is what gets you started, Habit is what keeps you going ! Surround yourself with positive supportive people, and ditch any unhealthy foods in your house. You can't eat what you don't buy. Don't dwell on what went wrong, we all have setbacks from time to time. Instead focus your energy on moving forward. Stay positive- you can do this, and we're here to help :smile:
  • murphynj
    murphynj Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this! I'm struggling with motivation too. I've lost 3 stone in 11 months but the last 20 pounds is such a struggle. I loose 3 pounds, then blow it at the weekend and put on 4 pounds. Then I spend days torturing myself for repeating the same mistakes over and over again!

I need to break that weekend habit......
  • Marie047
    Marie047 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    One thing to help motivation set yourself short term goals, 1/2 weeks long that is all part of your end goal (long term goal) and try to achieve these each week/fortnight.

This is what I do and I drive to achieve them, can be something as simple as eating more fruit and veg, so your goal could be have at least 3 pieces of fruit and veg a day.

These little goals then become habit, and also you are constantly driving for something not just your long term goal

Remember "Rome wasnt built in a day"

Feel free to add me, I log everyday.
  • BodyFuel
    BodyFuel Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Great post and you are exactly right. Ditch the bad and utilize the support!
  • hastigjm
    hastigjm Posts: 7
    Options
    Thank you all so much for the ideas and support! I wish I had been utilizing the community component of this site all along.
    This truly helps my attitude. I hope we can all continue to help and motivate each other. Thank you all again from the bottom of my heart.
    Jane
  • playmaker19
    Options
    Read "Change Anything", by Kerry Patterson, Joseph Grenny, David Maxfield, Ron McMillan, and Al Switzler. They teach you to use 6 sources to influence yourself that will change the way you look and any improvements you want to make with yourself.

http://www.amazon.com/Change-Anything-Science-Personal-Success/dp/0446573914
  • hastigjm
    hastigjm Posts: 7
    Options
    I love this approach!