Stuck at 219

Options
Just looking for some input on my food intake. I've had been losing weight at about 2lbs a week until I lost about 12 lbs. For the last 2 weeks I've been stuck at 219. I'm 6'3" and fairly athletic and active but can't seem to budge the scale.

I've been averaging around 1400-1600 calories a day. Anybody have any thoughts on my food diary and why I might be stalling?

Thanks for the help.

Replies

• Caffeinewitch
    Caffeinewitch Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Some considerations:

More fruits and vegetables - wider variety too.
    Check your sodium intake, most of what you've got is good but you may be ballooning yourself with the sodium from the processed stuff.
    How active are you? 30 minutes a day or an hour a day? an hour 3x a week? On your more active days eat more of your exercise calories - you'll go up a bit at first but after about a month you should come down.
  • jones137
    jones137 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Took your suggestion at lunch today and added a bunch of fruits and vegetables. It's tough with my busy schedule to eat correctly......all the quick foods either have a ton of calories or a ton of salt.

Thanks for the insight. I typically get a few hours of exercise a week (cardio) while golfing 18 holes a week and chasing two young children.
  • Caffeinewitch
    Caffeinewitch Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Yay! I know the feeling about being overwhelmed- but that burns calories right?

You're doing great! lost 12 pounds, working out, being able to chase after your kids, that's already pretty awesome =)
  • Reese813
    Reese813 Posts: 2
    Options
    Atleast youre a tall guy. Im 6" but weigh 235. Im trying to get back to 215ish. Well ive been trying to eat fruits and stuff. I have been taking this shake thats been easy for me in the mornings. But I usually work out in the afternoon. I make sure I do atleast 30 mins of some type of cardio. But as long you stay consistent it will start to shed lbs.