Bikers, cyclists, runners, duathelets, or anyone...

Options
TravisBikes
TravisBikes Posts: 674 Member
Trying to convince myself to keep logging everything. Have been bad lately, but mostly due to my training for a 50 mile mountain bike race in June.

I'm a commuter to my job, with two kids, so my time to work out is after 9:30pm. Pushing 6-8 hours or more of training a week on the bike. In July will be taking up running as well. In 2013 I want to compete in NUE 100 mile mountain bike races, as well as duathalons solo.

Trying to push out 12 years of comfortable living and weight gain, to revoke my "Clydesdale" status.

Could use friends and support, geeks, nerds, cyclists... whoever.

Replies

• rides4sanity
    rides4sanity Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    I've got geek, nerd & cyclist down, running is the bane of my existance, but I still do it. There are a couple of cycling groups out there to you might check out. Feel free to add, even though I'm a roadie (my utter lack of depth perseption makes mountain biking rough).
  • TravisBikes
    Options
    Well I'm aiming to get on the road later, have a used road bike that has been strapped to my trainer. It's very entry level, but still functional so far. One of the duathalons will be 2 mile run, 26 mile road, 4 mile run.. so I'll have to learn the ways of the road eventually.
  • TravisBikes
    Options
    Anyone else out there?
  • alortega730
    alortega730 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    well i'm not into any of the things you are into. i like to work out at home and i like to give support when need so if you like you can add me
  • khagador
    khagador Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    You should also go on Dailymile.com to log your miles. There's a ton of cyclists on there who are super active and supportive.
  • TravisBikes
    Options
    Thanks for the info, I'll have to check that out. Going to start converting more running in starting July
  • Dragonfly1996
    Dragonfly1996 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Hi

I run & cycle although I prefer running but I enter events for both. I'm not fast at either!!! I have run up to marathon level & cycled up to 60mi. Would like to try a duathlon but not sure how good my coordination & organisation would be!!!

Feel free to add me - am based in UK.

:flowerforyou: