Over ate the whole weekend and gained 8 lbs!!!

Options

Replies

• amanda3588
    amanda3588 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Im 6lbs over today, but I'm chalking it up to sodium. I'm restricting my sodium intake to 1500-1750/day, drinking plenty of water and excercising. That "weight" should be gone in no time.
  • Cyngen
    Cyngen Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Mine went up 5 as well and I almost threw the scale for a record shot put distance. I knew I didn't eat all my calories so it had to be water and too much salt in some foods. Back in the saddle today though.
  • bradthemedic
    bradthemedic Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Carb and water loading. Isn't fat... so don't sweat it.
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Okay so I ate like a pig for the last 3 days at all the parties I went to for memorial Day weekend and my scale says I gained 8 lbs! Is this even possible! I do feel sick after eating all that crap and my capris were so uncomfortably snug today that I couldn't even wear them! Some one please tell me this will all go away in a few days?!

probably all but maybe a pound, just work flushing out your system. Plenty of water, avoid salt and tons of fiber foods. It is hard to gain a real pound of fat, well maybe not on a cruise, but get your burn going and enjoy your memories of your weekend. Don't let it derail you.
  • sarabig2fit
    sarabig2fit Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    it's totally possible but it isn't all fat. likely its a lot of water weight. drink a ton and get back on your regimine. i'm sure you'll drop 5 in no time. good luck!
  • JenMull44
    JenMull44 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I gained 3 lbs....but had a great weekend ! You cant be an angel every day. Get back on the wagon and dont look back.
  • bergsangel
    bergsangel Posts: 131
    Options
    I gained 4 myself :/ and didn't go balls out. I know people say it's water weight and the theory being each pound = 3,500 calories. For whatever reason, that is not how my body works. It took me months to lose that 4 pounds...I have a hard timew ith the fact that I cannot relax for one weekend and not gain it all back!
  • Sj20fame
    Sj20fame Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I GAINED 4, THIS IS CRAP! :( but I am jumping back on my routine today, and hope by the end of the week, the scale will be different! :ohwell:
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    That's why my weigh-in day was always Friday. It gave me time to deflate from weekends of debauchery and indulgence.
  • Emancipated_Tai
    Emancipated_Tai Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    You do realize that you have to eat over your maintenance allowance to actually gain weight. So unless you consumed 30,000 calories in the last three days, you should be good:drinker:
  • ChelleDJM
    ChelleDJM Posts: 161
    Options
    Thank you SOOOO much for this post! I stepped on and was up 7.4lbs from last week!! I am chugging the water today.
  • johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    Options
    I agree with alot of the above. Plus one more... try to add more fiber the next few days. :D
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You've got a food baby! Eat plenty of fiber and drink plenty of water or the special day is going to be rough.

:laugh:
    a food baby, I might use that.
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You've got a food baby! Eat plenty of fiber and drink plenty of water or the special day is going to be rough.

Lol. It's a girl!
  • mccollumse
    mccollumse Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I had a BAD WEEK.....up 10 lbs. SO DEPRESSED!!!! I totally feel off the wagon and binge ate. It was a relief to read your post and the responses. I am sure I have gained some, but I am going to start guzzling the water and stick to my routine today! Good luck!
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Me, too. +4 lbs for me. My aunt made dinner at my Gram's on Saturday (Meatloaf, Baked Beans, Coleslaw, Mac and Cheese, and rolls), then I ate out on Sunday evening (Philly Cheesesteak and Sweet Potato Fries) and yesterday afternoon (French Toast, Scrambled Eggs, and Turkey Sausage Links). However, I ate very light the rest of the day (all three days). Saturday afternoon I was walking around a zoo all afternoon, and Sunday morning I went for a swim. If not for the self restraint outside those three bad meals and the little bit of exercise that I was able to squeeze in, I probably would have gained more like six or eight pounds, too. Hoping to be back where I should be by this time next week, though.
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    water weight. all that sodium you ate/drank. :drinker:
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Okay so I ate like a pig for the last 3 days at all the parties I went to for memorial Day weekend and my scale says I gained 8 lbs! Is this even possible! I do feel sick after eating all that crap and my capris were so uncomfortably snug today that I couldn't even wear them! Some one please tell me this will all go away in a few days?!

3500 calories per pound of fat. I highly doubt you ate 8lbs worth of fat.

It's water, but try to make better decisions in the future and you won't have to post threads like this. :)
  • mandihdz
    mandihdz Posts: 19
    Options

ok this has happened to me too before! What I did was drink 7 liters of water and ate only veggies and fruits all day. The next day i was down 5 bls! hope this helps!
  • jzrharv
    jzrharv Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    After any major eat-a-thon kind of weekend (luckily July 4th is on a Wednesday, so the harm is minimized), do the following:

Step One:
    Put the scale in the attic in the garage, under at least four or five suitcases.

Step Two:
    Do your usual MFP kind of stuff for a week or more

Step Three:
    Retrieve scales. Now weigh yourself. SHAZAM!