Differences in Greek Yogurt?

Options
Im_NotPerfect
Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
Hello All! I'm just getting into the Greek Yogurt game and was wondering about the differences in the brands? What do you like or not like about them?

I've been getting the Chobani brand (strawberry) because it's the only one with the active yogurt culture of Acidophilis, which my DR recommended to help regulate certain hormone levels in my body.

Replies

• Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I really like Fage 2% honey. I eat it almost every day. It's delicious.
  • CynGoddess
    CynGoddess Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I have tried them all and I LOVE Fage plain. can't live without it.
  • Scarlett_S
    Scarlett_S Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I tend to stick to the ones that are lower in sugar than Chobani but that is just a personal preference. I like Oikos fruit on the bottom, and the Dannon that has the granola to mix in. Also Fage has some good ones that are 0% fat and 120 calories that I used for snacks.
  • claricecollins
    Options
    Chobani is really good and I think it has the most active cultures. I like Oikos, too, for the taste. My favourites are Chobani and Oikos, and they have such nice flavours without a chalky after taste. Definitely give Oikos a go though :)
  • Alysgrma
    Alysgrma Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • cwatson1214
    cwatson1214 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    i like yoplait plain, but i can not eat it alone, i add kashi go lean cereal and blueberries into it as well.
  • Jumpinsticks
    Options
    I've tried Oinkos or whatever... And another brand that I can't remember the name of... Chobani is the best of the three. Something just tastes... weird on other brands after having tried Chobani that turns me off. Like an aftertaste that Chobani just doesn't have. I'm not sure about the active cultures though.
    I would stick with Chobani.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    I'm still a fan of Fage, also. I just tried Cabot's and it's just not the same. I love the creaminess of Fage.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Mostly what you'll find is a difference in sugar content. I really like to get the ones with no sugar added (usually a plain or vanilla flavor) and just add my own berries. Oikos is probably my favorite brand and it also contains L. Acidophilus.

The consistency of Fage is really good, but the "fruit" it comes with is mostly sugar.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt is just regular yogurt that has had extra whey drained off, you you can make it yourself by straining regular yogurt for a day. My favorite is plain yogurt with walnuts and honey...mmmmm
  • egordon81
    egordon81 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I really like the Chobani 0%. It comes in so many flavors. It seems to have more protein than the others with a reasonable amount of calories. I add the Kashi Go Lean Crunch for the different texture and to complete the meal.
  • seamonkey789
    seamonkey789 Posts: 233
    Options
    I like the strawberry banana, lemon, and pineapple chiobani. I also like the key lime and any of the fruit on the bottom oikos. Fage is also really good as well as Greek Gods, though the Greek Gods is a little lower in protein.
  • legnarevocrednu
    legnarevocrednu Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    My ultimate favorite greek yogurt is the Fage cherry. I also like the strawberry. That being said, that's the only two flavors I can stand. I love all of the Chobanie flavors. If I had no other choice, I would go with Oikos Dannon yogurt.
  • Skinnyminimee
    Options
    i love vanilla oikos with granola and blueberries. omg so good.
    i dont mind chobani but its not my favorite.
  • amysuespears
    amysuespears Posts: 127
    Options
    I eat plain Chobani and add a little splenda with fresh berries or frozen mango (let the mango thaw first). It's so yummy!
  • BuceesNana
    BuceesNana Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I really like Fage 2% honey. I eat it almost every day. It's delicious.

^^This
  • NMJosephs
    NMJosephs Posts: 185
    Options
    I'm definitely a fan of Oikos. I mean, if John Stamos likes it - it has to be good, right? :)
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Mostly what you'll find is a difference in sugar content. I really like to get the ones with no sugar added (usually a plain or vanilla flavor) and just add my own berries. Oikos is probably my favorite brand and it also contains L. Acidophilus.

The consistency of Fage is really good, but the "fruit" it comes with is mostly sugar.

Ohh..it's good to know that Oikos also has that in there. Now I'll at least have a choice if I can't find the flavors I want.
  • bprague
    bprague Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Fage is less bitter than the other brands that I've tried except for wallaby, but I don't see that one much. I like the less bitter ones because I don't like all the sugar that's used in the flavored variety, so I buy plain. this way I can add fruit and granola but nix most of the sugar.
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    As far as brands..I prefer Fage..higher protein..and I also do full fat...less carbs and sugar...I put in stevia drops and fresh berries..