212 and proud!

Options
I weighed myself today, and at 212lbs I can't believe the first thing I felt was PRIDE. 212 is so much higher than I want to be. I feel all squishy and slow and jiggly. I'm uncomfortable in my clothes. I still hide from cameras. I get nervous at the thought of running into someone I haven't seen in a long time. BUT I lost 7 lbs. this month. I'm moving in the right direction! And that is why I feel proud. I'm proud of myself to getting off my *kitten* and doing something about this body that I hate. I don't feel trapped in it anymore. It's shrinking! I'm on week 4 of C25K and working out hard and sweating hard, and it feels so good! I'm proud of myself and my commitment to take care of ME. :)

Replies

• prism6
    prism6 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Good job
  • amontes410
    amontes410 Posts: 19
    Options
    Congratulations.... it takes baby steps.... Just remember you are 7 lbs closer to your ideal weight.
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    That's awesome. Just think in another month you could be down another 5 - 10 pounds and the month after that you'll probably be under 200. Keep it up and you'll wake up one morning and think "Hey, who is this person and why are all my clothes too big?" You're attitude is spot-on. Constant good decisions (in any part of your life) will lead too great situations.

Super high-five.
  • jdennis719
    jdennis719 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! And if you keep this attitude, you'll continue to lose weight.

We all have to have the mindset that none of it is going to happen overnight, and obviously we're going to have our ups and downs. But at long as our habits and efforts are headed in the right direction, it will pay off. We have to stay motivated, and ask for help when we need it. That's what this site it all about right? You're doing great --- dont let yourself be trapped again! 7 lbs is a fantastic start and you should be proud :flowerforyou:
  • lisa46219
    lisa46219 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Great job! You're on the right track :happy:
  • TheOriginalGinging
    Options
    Wonderful! and a healthy about for the month!! Add me if you'd like--we're about at the same place.
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Great job..Keep up the good work