Chili's recommendation?

jcummings69
jcummings69 Posts: 183
edited September 18 in Food and Nutrition
So tomorrow I promised a friend I would go to lunch with her at Chili's. I briefly glanced at their menu but didn't see any low calorie options. Any suggestions?

Replies

• jcummings69
    jcummings69 Posts: 183
    So tomorrow I promised a friend I would go to lunch with her at Chili's. I briefly glanced at their menu but didn't see any low calorie options. Any suggestions?
  • jpwarner
    jpwarner Posts: 194 Member
    Always water. :devil:

Do a look up in the Food Database using Chili's, It has a list of things and what cals they are.
  • I just read an article sort of about this exact thing! It had to do with the 'saltiest foods in america'. One of them was one of the guiltless menu options from chilis and they they said that the 'Guiltless Salmon' was the best thing on their menu - I'm not sure if that means all around or just for salt content - Just trying to help! :smile:
  • melissa73
    melissa73 Posts: 368
    When ever I go I usually get the guiltless salmon or the guiltless chicken platter. Their guiltless selection has the calories right on the menu, too. They are good about letting you change your sides. I always forgo the corn on the cob and get extra steamed vegitables.
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Here's a website that has a list of Chili's foods:
    http://www.dwlz.com/Restaurants/chilis.html

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    I have never been but have seen those guiltless dishes advertised...they look pretty good! I love salmon too, so I would probably go for that.
  • MrsTomy
    MrsTomy Posts: 504 Member
    I was a waitress at Chili's for awhile....any of the "guiltless" stuff is pretty good. Everthing else has oil and fat snuck in there! The salads even have a TON of calories!!!! Their regular dressings are homemade...but the light ones are from a bottle and taste nasty! They have come kind of citrus balsalmic and it has a TON of calories...don't let them fool ya! Good luck!
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Here's another great website:
    http://www.healthydiningfinder.com/site/

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.