I have no friends =(

Options
My name is Kendall and I've been here for a while, but haven't really used the site, BUT today's the day. I'm looking for friends who are FUN and supportive. I like to laugh and flirt. I moved to a different city a couple of years ago I haven't had much of a chance to meet people or be social -I work from a home office and my daughter doesn't need me to arrange 'playdates' for her so I don't get much of an opportunity to talk to other adults. I am married, but when he isn't working he is sitting on his butt in front of the TV.
So, yes I am trying to fill a void with people I don't know.

I would like to find friends that can offer good advice, constructive criticism and helpful hints. Also somebody telling me that I'm sexy / hot / funny once in a while wouldn't hurt either! :wink:

I try to eat healthy (I love to cook and experiment) I try to keep it low carb and I am trying really really hard to not touch junk food. I have discovered that once I taste it I can't stop until it's gone. I am better with my all or nothig attitude. I am pretty new to exercise (under a year) and have discovered that once I convince myself to get off my butt and lace up my shoes I really enjoy running. I have a couple of dogs and one of my favorite things is to take them to the dog park to run around.

Replies

• Evilma
    Evilma Posts: 14
    Options
    Love the intro. You can add me. I have been told I'm fun :) I have a husband who also likes to sit in front of the TV when he's home (he's military) and.... my house is a fricken petting zoo (3 dogs, a cat, bird, 2 rats and fish all living in perfect harmony) so I'm sure I can relate... just a little ... ;)
  • dani_1977
    dani_1977 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I am always looking for new support and motivation.

Add me if ya like folks.
  • wasveganvictoria88
    wasveganvictoria88 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm always here to be supportive etc - my diary is open too so you can see what I've eaten/exercised :)
  • susan4649
    susan4649 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello I have been on this calorie counting for about 2 months and have lost 6 lbs. It seems slow to me, and I am looking for some encouragement. I am definitely sticking to the diet and am working out, but that scale likes to stay stuck. I guess if it was easy I would have already done it. I do know it helps to have a buddy though. I am also married and my husband is super encouraging; however now matter how good that is, I am learning that I need to be my greatest fan.
  • wasveganvictoria88
    wasveganvictoria88 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Love the intro. You can add me. I have been told I'm fun :) I have a husband who also likes to sit in front of the TV when he's home (he's military) and.... my house is a fricken petting zoo (3 dogs, a cat, bird, 2 rats and fish all living in perfect harmony) so I'm sure I can relate... just a little ... ;)

I have 3 rats :)
  • darcie81
    darcie81 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent. Congrats on your 40 and the best of luck on the next 40!! ;0)
  • vaneguz87
    vaneguz87 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hi! You can also add me. I'm kind of new to MFP, but no new to trying to lose weight. I'll be updating my profile so you can know a little more about myself.
  • FormulaDebbie
    Options
    Hi Kendall - I have been here for a while myself and haven't reached out either....I can't necessarily tell you that you are sexy, but I can certainly give you support and motivation as I need it as well and hopefully we can help each other....I would like to add you as a friend!

FormulaDebbie
  • CrystalMich3ll3
    Options
    Hi hun!

I'm still new here but would love to become friends!
  • lauren28178
    lauren28178 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm new too and would love new supportive friends!!!
  • quie618
    quie618 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I'm new as well. Feel free to add me!
  • erikkasusann
    erikkasusann Posts: 104
    Options
    Hello Kendall! My best advice for finding the types of folks you'll want to interact with is to read through some of the boards, and when you read something that makes you laugh,or that you find helpful, or inspirational, or that you can relate to, check out the profile of the poster & send a request. It's also nice to send a message with the request. I like to tell people what I liked about them in the 1st place, because who doesn't like to know that they are appreciated? :)
    I've found some really supportive, funny, awesome people in a short time that way. I also send requests to folks who have accomplished, or are closer to accomplishing, similar goals to mine.
    There are some really great people here, I hope you find all the right ones! :)
  • IamKendall
    IamKendall Posts: 21
    Options
    Hi everyone! Thanks for all the messages and freind requests! I have been sending requests but just got a message that I can't send anymore in the next 10 minutes. REALLY? Anyhow, send them my way if you like... Maybe it will let me accept them... Or I'll catch up witth you later...
    *rolls eyes and wanders away muttering to self
  • 1985Andy
    1985Andy Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Hey, looks like you're no longer short of friends!

I hope your quest better health is as successful as your friend quest! :D
  • myjourney2
    myjourney2 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Hi Kendall, feel free to add me!
  • Lyanasonni
    Lyanasonni Posts: 11
    Options
    I'm also new here & also on a low-carb. I quit cold-turkey on the sugar-laden high-carb stuff. (My body hates me for it :tongue: )
    Decided to try it out after looking at r/keto, (low-carb recipes and advice show up often there, may be worth a look) which led me to this site.
    Best of luck to you, always remember (especially in those times where carb-laden foods are beckoning like a siren); you'll look & feel hotter the longer you keep your plan going! :wink:
  • brainbird2
    brainbird2 Posts: 9
    Options
    Hi. You can add me if you like, Im fairly new to this site so havent made any friends yet!! Like you I try to be good and eat healthy food but when i taste something sweet I have to keep going til its all gone!! I dont do 1 or 2 biscuits, I eat the whole packet!! Getting fit and healthy on your own is so hard so it would be much more fun and interesting to share the experience with other people.
  • brian90
    brian90 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    you can add me.
  • IamKendall
    IamKendall Posts: 21
    Options
    If only it were so easy and quick!!!
  • dudleyclan
    dudleyclan Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I am always looking for motivation and friends. Add me if you like . I have 4 kids and many pets.