40 Day Challenge

Options
I just finished a 50 day challenge and am starting a new 40 day challenge. The challenge to myself is below.

1) Track every day
2) Do 10 Push Ups and 10 crunches every day
3) At least 2 servings of Veggies every day

Does anyone want to join me and challenge themselves for the next 40 days?

Replies

• pixidust82883
    Options
    I'm up for a challenge! I challenge myself to ease up on carbs, get a better grip on my portion sizes, and eat a healthier diet.
  • mangobadango
    mangobadango Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Those sound like great goals! Do you have a daily carb goal?

On portion sizes I know there are some helpful tips, like a serving of meat is the size of a deck of cards, a cup of rice is the size of a tennis ball. An ounce of cheese is the size of the tip of your thumb. Hope this help!
  • pixidust82883
    Options
    No set goal for my carbs, but I know I eat too many. My biggest portion issue is I grew up cooking for 5, and now when I cook for 2 I make waaaaay too much food. I hate to waste it so I'll eat until I'm overfull. If I can teach myself to make less, I can eat less. If I can eat less carbs, it will be 10 times easier to lose weight.
  • mangobadango
    mangobadango Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I totally understand cooking too much food. I've never been good about portions when cooking, always way too much. What I have gotten in the habit of doing is freezing the left overs. That way I can always have them later for lunches. I also tell hubby if I expect there to be left overs at the end of the meal. He was raised to eat all of the food and would keep eating until he was sick.

Maybe you can take your portion for dinner and then set aside a portion for lunch the next day, or for a dinner in the upcoming weeks. If you know that it will get eaten on a specific day maybe that will help.

Hope all of this helps!