Splenda May Explode Internally

Options
I have been using splenda for a long time, and just bought some actually:embarassed:
Now I will re think splenda.. after reading this online today !!

This is an article by DR.Hotze

:noway:

Splenda is not as harmless as some people want you to believe./ Or is it?

A mixture of sucralose, maltodextrine and dextrose (a detrimental simple sugar), each of the not-so-splendid Splenda ingredients has downfalls.

Aside from the fact that it really isn’t “sugar and calorie free,” here is one big reason to avoid the deceitful mix…

Splenda contains a potential poison

Splenda contains the drug sucralose. This chemical is 600 times sweeter than sugar. To make sucralose, chlorine is used. Chlorine has a split personality. It can be harmless or it can be life threatening.

In combo with sodium, chlorine forms a harmless “ionic bond” to yield table salt. Sucralose makers often highlight this worthless fact to defend its’ safety. Apparently, they missed the second day of Chemistry 101 - the day they teach “covalent” bonds.

When used with carbon, the chlorine atom in sucralose forms a “covalent” bond. The end result is the historically deadly “organochlorine” or simply: a Really-Nasty Form of Chlorine (RNFOC).

Unlike ionic bonds, covalently bound chlorines are a big no-no for the human body.

They yield insecticides, pesticides, and herbicides -
not something you want in the lunch box of your precious child. It’s therefore no surprise that the originators of sucralose, chemists Hough and Phadnis, were attempting to design new insecticides when they discovered it!

It wasn’t until the young Phadnis accidentally tasted his new “insecticide” that he learned it was sweet.

And because sugars are more profitable than insecticides, the whole insecticide idea got canned and a new sweetener called Splenda got packaged.

To hide its origin, Splenda pushers assert that sucralose is “made from sugar so it tastes like sugar.” Sucralose is as close to sugar as Windex is to ocean water.

The RNFOC poses a real and present danger to all Splenda users. It is risky because the RNFOC confers a molecule with a set of super powers that wreak havoc on the human body. For example, Agent Orange, used in the U.S Army’s herbicidal warfare program, is a RNFOC. Exposure can lead to Hodgkin’s lymphoma and non-Hodgkins lymphoma as well as diabetes and various forms of cancer! Other shocking examples are the war gas phosgene, chlordane and lindane. (2) The RNFOC is lethal because it allows poisons to be fat soluble while rendering the natural defense mechanisms of the body helpless.

A poison that is fat soluble is akin to a bomb exploding internally. It invades every nook and cranny of the body. Cell walls and DNA - the genetic map of human life - become nothing more than potential casualties of war when exposed. Sucralose is only 25% water soluble. (3) Which means a vast majority of it may explode internally. In general, this results in weakened immune function, irregular heart beat, agitation, shortness of breath, skin rashes, headaches, liver and kidney damage, birth defects, cancer, cancer and more cancer - for generations! (1)

McNeil asserts that their studies prove it to be safe for everyone, even children. That’s little assurance. Learning from the Vioxx debacle which killed tens of thousands, we know that studies can be bought and results fabricated.

Some things are worth dying for. Splenda is not one of them

. What people think of as a food is a drug or slow poison - little distinction there. It wouldn’t be wise to bet your health on it. If safe, sucralose would be the first molecule in human history that contained a RNFOC fit for human consumption. This fact alone makes sucralose questionable for use as a sweetener, if not instantly detrimental to our health. Only time will tell.

Be forewarned though, as long as drugs can be legally disguised as sweeteners, watch out for drugs being disguised as vitamins…Oh wait, they are already doing that -

Replies

• cwvanek
    cwvanek Posts: 111
    Options
    None of the "fake" sugars are good for you. I use Sugar in the Raw... it's only 20 calories per tsp and it's all natural.
  • neenaleigh
    neenaleigh Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    what the hell am i supposed to use then? i tried stevia but it tastes bitter compared to splenda! :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    I know now why I never ate nor will eat any of those fake sugars. All that and the nasty after taste
  • lgav23
    lgav23 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    you are better off just using real sugar...just less :)

I stopped using Splenda about 8 months ago and I am amazed at the difference in my mood, my energy levels, my memory....and to think I was intentionally putting this stuff in my system.
    Live & Learn I guess.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    What website is that article from?
  • BMAJK
    BMAJK Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I swear by AGAVE NECTAR! I capitilize because it is soo good!
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    http://www.hotzehwc.com/en/art/104/
    What website is that article from?
  • Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    The title of the article and this post really cracked me up. Wow. :-) Sensationalism! hee hee
  • barbarella
    barbarella Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    KaBOOM!!!!!!! :explode: :explode:

Ingesting toxic chemicals is NOT funny!
    Come on peeps........ don't eat this crap.

We're all SWEET ENOUGH already!!! :laugh: :flowerforyou: :bigsmile:
  • Keegiejae
    Keegiejae Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I definitely agree that fake sweeteners are terrible for you. I'm a big of stevia, love the stuff if I actually need to sweeten something. But I have to question the article. How come there's no medical reports of exploding patients due to splenda intake since this was written two years ago? Just curious about the legitimate science, references, etc.
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options
    :explode:

bump
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Too much motrin made my stomach explode.
    Maybe it wasn't motrin. Maybe it was really Splenda? :huh:
    Does this article support spontaneous combustion?
    Or how about "bust a gut" laughing?
  • MakeLifeBright
    Options
    I definitely agree that fake sweeteners are terrible for you. I'm a big of stevia, love the stuff if I actually need to sweeten something. But I have to question the article. How come there's no medical reports of exploding patients due to splenda intake since this was written two years ago? Just curious about the legitimate science, references, etc.

Yes, I found this article all over the internet.. I always buy splenda and products that use splenda..
    I am deff looking into recent medical studies :happy:
    Glad every one had a look at this though.. it makes you think about every thing we eat or drink.. and the possibilitys of what we could be doing to our selves...
    Of course they do not mean people are actually exploding.. :wink:

Let me know if any one else finds out anything about the splenda.. Now I am scared to use it
  • Keegiejae
    Keegiejae Posts: 17 Member
    Options

Of course they do not mean people are actually exploding.. :wink:

Let me know if any one else finds out anything about the splenda.. Now I am scared to use it

Boo... I was really hoping to see a few explosions come into the ER... ok, I'm not that perverse, but it'd be a heck of a case presentation for a med student
    :wink:
    I wouldn't necessarily be scared of it, something that significantly bad would have received a bit more bad press. Probably another place moderation applies. If it it's my only option, I won't necessarily avoid it, just not seeking it out.
  • Ssirclesgirl
    Ssirclesgirl Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    interesting!
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I just use Stevia for my coffee and then regular sugar for the rest of it. Sugar isn't the big bad- eating five cups of it is. :blushing: Not that I would know anything about that...erm.
  • csingleton24
    csingleton24 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I recently switched to Truvia, not sure if that's any better though. I always wanted to try Agave Nectar...maybe when I run out of this box of Truvia...
  • hayden13
    Options
    Agave nectar MMMMM
  • amandadaisylotus
    Options
    This sounds like one of those internet virals. Like the one about how coke will apparently eat through your stomach it's so acidic. :noway:

Be careful what you read and believe, do your research and make sure that the articles you are using come from .org or .edu Pretend it's a research paper. NO wikipedia or .com

Don't get me wrong, splenda is not good for you, it's way over processed. But I highly doubt it will make you explode. -_- Really. Now a days the way to get people to buy your product seems to be to bash the other guys and tell people it will give them cancer.
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Stevia, agave nectar, honey, raw sugar... there's so many healthy, delicious, NATURAL options... why do people insist on chemicals? They're more expensive, and less healthy. Worse still, they're sweeter than natural sugars. Because of this, its been suggested that your body releases more insulin because of the sweet taste, which means all of your current blood sugar is being stored as fat because you went with the 0 cal sweetener.

(Geek Note: I tried to find a good meta-analysis of the studies out there involving sweet taste and insulin release but haven't been able to. The individual studies seem to be speckled one way or another for or against this. I personally feel that its better safe than sorry.)

I switched back to regular sugar in my coffee and baking, and I honestly don't miss the artificial sweeteners. In my years working on weight loss, I've found that the less processed chemical crap I eat, the easier dropping pounds gets AND the healthier I feel.

It just takes time to make the switch.