Looking to Burn Fat rather than Gain Muscle??

Hi! I am 5'1 and 135lbs, and more than extremely over-weight, I'm mostly just really soft. I was looking for your best work-out DVDs for burning fat!
I'm currently doing the 30 Day Shred 4 times a week and Jillian Michael's Yoga Meltdown on my off days. The yoga DVD seems more about toning, so I'm looking for anyone's input as far as losing fat is concerned

PS. ALWAYS looking for new friends with similar stats! Always accept additional support! :heart:

Replies

• Leesa808
    Leesa808 Posts: 40 Member
    I really love turbo fire, it's fun, you burn lots of calories and the music is great. I really enjoy these dvd's over all the others I have:)
  • Lindsay0405
    Lindsay0405 Posts: 21
    Beach body's insanity will burn some serious calories and tone you up.

I'm 5'9 and have lost 53lbs total. I just finished Insanity. I lost almost 20lbs in the 9 weeks I was doing Insanity.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    You might be looking for something "strictly cardio."

30 DS is circuit training a combination of cardio & strength, and Jillian's "yoga" DVD is more about strength training.

collagevideo.com is a great place to look up video information. They have video clips & show you if it's cardio, strength, or a combination. For cardio I like Walk at Home and step aerobics. I have two left feet so I go for really simple choreography. But there are tons of cardio DVDs if you like dance, kickboxing, hula hooping, bicycling, rebounding

Walk at Home 3 Mile Weightloss Walk is a favorite. You use light hand weights in this one ... but it's more about keeping your heart rate up than toning. http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-video/leslie-sansones-3-mile-weight-loss-walk-7870
  • connerstella
    connerstella Posts: 8 Member
    Ou! This sounds wonderful, thank you!
  • connerstella
    connerstella Posts: 8 Member
    You might be looking for something "strictly cardio."

30 DS is circuit training a combination of cardio & strength, and Jillian's "yoga" DVD is more about strength training.

collagevideo.com is a great place to look up video information. They have video clips & show you if it's cardio, strength, or a combination. For cardio I like Walk at Home and step aerobics. I have two left feet so I go for really simple choreography. But there are tons of cardio DVDs if you like dance, kickboxing, hula hooping, bicycling, rebounding

Walk at Home 3 Mile Weightloss Walk is a favorite. You use light hand weights in this one ... but it's more about keeping your heart rate up than toning. http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-video/leslie-sansones-3-mile-weight-loss-walk-7870

perfect! thanks a ton!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    If you're "really soft" building some muscle would make you less "soft", regardless of what you choose strength training, cardio or a mixture of both, you're not going to turn into the hulk eating in a consistent caloric deficit
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Hi! I am 5'1 and 135lbs, and more than extremely over-weight, I'm mostly just really soft. I was looking for your best work-out DVDs for burning fat!
    I'm currently doing the 30 Day Shred 4 times a week and Jillian Michael's Yoga Meltdown on my off days. The yoga DVD seems more about toning, so I'm looking for anyone's input as far as losing fat is concerned

PS. ALWAYS looking for new friends with similar stats! Always accept additional support! :heart:

I would eat less and do whatever video you want.
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Can't go wrong with 30DS. While it does include *some* strength training, it's still a lot of cardio guaranteed to burn fat fast! Plus once the fat is gone you'll have gotten started on some nice tone to show underneath :)

Insanity is incredible for burning fat (it's almost all cardio) but it is very tough. It's much harder than 30DS so I wouldn't recommend starting it until you've finished that and feel comfortable with it.

ETA: feel free to add me as a friend. I'm doing Insanity right now and am also focusing on burning fat!
  • jazzylopez
    jazzylopez Posts: 43 Member
    Cardio, cardio & more cardio!!!
    I'm 5' & have lost 48lbs doing lots of cardio &
    lifting heavy weights.

Gaining muscle = burning fat!
    :happy:
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    burn fat however you wish, and eat well, but i will say working on your muscles can really help you achieve what you are wishing for.

Good luck

Jules:flowerforyou: