Hello from Canada

Options
Hi, This is my third day and I am feeling that I can actually make a commitment this time. I weigh 148 and would like to get down to at least 128. I'm pretty short and small boned, so it might not seem like a lot of weight on me, it is. My past average was around 105 and so in reality I feel 43 lbs over. I want to keep an attainable goal of 20 lbs.
I am now realizing now that I do not have enough calories on a regular basis. I seem to eat very little daily and then any one particular day I binge enough for the week. Of course, it usually high carbs and fat. I think the calculator will keep me on track. I hope.
I think this is why I have gained weight over the years. I also see that it is true when I've been telling myself that I don't eat as much as skinny people. Its kind of perplexing to realize this. Does anyone else have this problem.
Anyway, hello to everyone.

Replies

• CatMauro
    CatMauro Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Hello from Saskatchewan! Was totally the same way what I started. This will definately keep you on track. Good luck!
  • whispiri
    whispiri Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Also From Saskatchewan. Been here since Mid-July.......Just love it here. It was just what I needed to keep on track. And it's great to cheer each other on! You Can Do It! If you need a buddy to cheer you on......just ad me!
  • harfordcounty
    Options
    i swear it seems like i have too many calories too eat. I guess cutting out snacking in bad things really helps
  • Gypsynana
    Options
    Hello back. I edited to add a bit more info.
    I will have to figure out how to do my stats as you have. I haven't made use of all the tools yet, I guess.
    You have done amazingly well. :flowerforyou:
  • Gypsynana
    Options
    I'm in BC I forgot to mention...ha ha I don't even know how to add people. I better go read some more.....
  • ChantalD75
    ChantalD75 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Hello!! From Manitoba!!!
  • DavidLoPan
    Options
    Hey Canada,
    I had similar eating habits. I've got out of the 'binge' by journaling and using 'mindful' eating techniques. Are you working out?
  • moreaudrey
    moreaudrey Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi from Halifax! I can relate to your issues with calorie intake and bingeing. I read this thread yesterday and it really opened my eyes: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/175241-a-personal-view-on-exercise-cals-and-underfeeding

I'm sending a friend request if you are interested.
  • danajilllove
    Options
    Welcome :) I'm on Vancouver Island, BC!!
  • Gypsynana
    Options
    Welcome :) I'm on Vancouver Island, BC!!

Hello. :flowerforyou:

I'm close to Vancouver..I heard there was an earthquake today, did you feel it?
  • Gypsynana
    Options
    Hey Canada,
    I had similar eating habits. I've got out of the 'binge' by journaling and using 'mindful' eating techniques. Are you working out?

No I am not working out yet. I am just trying to get myself moving..period!! I think keeping track of what I do is also going to help with the 'mindful eating' and it makes me feel accountable!
    I find I am a bit nervous to eat the alloted amount of daily calories in case I do pig out one night. Eeek. I have no confidence in myself I guess. It is usually late at night I binge and then I will be so over my limit. Does this make sense?
  • rockinrelish27
    rockinrelish27 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    HI from saskatchewan,canada :)
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Hi from Manitoba!