52 and new to MFP - looking for friends/support

Options
Hi- I'm 52 and recently widowed. I have decided to get serious about my health and just joined MFP. I already have one new friend here, but would love to have many more to help me reach my goal. I am diabetic and really need to get serious about losing weight and lowering my blood sugar.

Replies

• Hestion
    Hestion Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome to MFP :-)
  • simplysassi
    simplysassi Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Welcome ! I'm 49 and been serious about MFP for almost 2 months. It's a great site, and the friends and support here are amazing. You'll love it here. Feel free to add me.
  • robinhardysmall
    robinhardysmall Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Welcome~ and I'm so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine but glad you are here- feel free to add me and hope to see you around!
  • alikrorp225
    alikrorp225 Posts: 54
    Options
    First, sorry to hear about your loss. :( Second, welcome to MFP-land! I'm pretty new myself...just three weeks. You'll find lots of motivation and support here. :) I'm 41 & have three kids(two teenagers--eep!) It's an adventure, making lifestyle changes. My best advice is to try to not focus too much on losing pounds. Focus more on getting healthy and staying healthy. It helps when those weak-willed moments pop up. Then, any weight loss is just a bonus to go along with feeling better! ;) Feel free to add me, as well. We're all in this journey together!
  • shortmom60
    shortmom60 Posts: 53
    Options
    Hi and welcome..so sorry about your loss. Feel free to add me.
  • Nightingale77
    Nightingale77 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck to you as you begin this journey......feel free to add me! :smile:
  • w2bab
    w2bab Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you like. I'll be 51 in a couple of months. I've lost 35 lbs. since mid-January, and have 65 more to go. There are a lot of supportive people on here, but also a lot of not-so-supportive ones, so unless you have fairly thick skin, think before posting questions/opinions on the forums. That said, welcome to MFP!
  • staryful7
    staryful7 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! Sorry to hear about you being a new widow. It is good you have joined. Please add me a friend and we can encourage each other on our healthy journey.
  • hazymary
    hazymary Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    HI....so sorry for your loss and welcome to the family....I'm 54 years young, with a few more lbs. to go...ugh....those last 10 just don't want to come off....be happy to motivate and support you in your journey to fitness.
  • Kellysmom78
    Kellysmom78 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hi, and welcome! Sorry your going through this difficult time in your life. This is a great site for support not just in weight loss but in whatever emotions your going through. I'm about to turn 54, and have been on here for a short time, and the friends i have met are wonderful people. you are more than welcome to add me as a friend if you wish to.
  • nannabannana
    nannabannana Posts: 787
    Options
    Hi: Welcome to MFP...You may add me as a friend if you like. Joined MFP January 20, 2012...Love all the support we get and give...:) So sorry for your loss and the difficult times you are and have been through. I am a NANNA of 6 and to one Great Grandson.
  • pedraz
    pedraz Posts: 173
    Options
    Welcome to the site. Lots of helpful info and motivating people here. Good luck to you on your new journey. Add me as friend if you wish.
  • kariebo
    kariebo Posts: 101
    Options
    Welcome!! Feel free to add me... im 31 with 3 small children and am fairly new here too. In the past week MFP has shown me that Im really not eating as well as I thought I was... and is making me examine my food better to get more bang for my buck :) . Its showing me the hard truth about my eating and exercising habits... which is already making me rethink that extra serving that "wont matter" (yeah right!!). Its a great place to be :) , you'll love it!
  • debcarv
    debcarv Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Welcome to mfp, support is plentiful here. Good luck to you and feel free to add me as a friend.:happy: