Weight training (LiveFIt) with 5K training

Options
aklitten
aklitten Posts: 237 Member
Don't get mad before you read this post! I am going to be running a 5K in a few weeks and have been running (albeit a little sporadically). I am just finishing up Ripped in 30 and have been planning on starting Jamie Eason's LiveFit this week (June first!). It's a 4 day a week lifting program and she says not to do cardio during the beginning phases because you're supposed to allow your body to focus on building muscle and not wasting calories on cardio. How bad would it be for me to run a couple of times a week, or should I just focus on weight training and assume that I will build muscle and that will help me run? I don't want to compromise my results, but I'd like to be ready for this 5K!

Replies

• Sarabeth5
    Sarabeth5 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Bump. I'm curious for the answer too. I've been lifitng for quite some time already but want a more structured plan.
  • xTenaciousJx
    xTenaciousJx Posts: 555
    Options
    for the 5k i'd train for that...i'm on week 4 of 8 of my training for my 2nd race.....my first race i only had a weeks notice and was not ready...now i go 3xs a week out to jog....
    maybe do the other thing after your race?? i do circuit training on my non jog days with cardio so i have my weight training.
  • aklitten
    aklitten Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    more thoughts?