T.H.E. (Trying Hard Everyday) Team ~ Week 36! Come join us!

2»

Replies

• Checking in - Happy Thanksgiving to the Canadian members of the team...I really tried to behave myself this year. I feel pretty good after 2 turkey dinners. Only 1 piece of pumpkin pie Sunday and one Monday. Hubby is a great help in this too.

Went to the gym 2 days this week already. Working on week 4 of C25K. Did 60 minutes on the treadmill = 600 calories. Had to gulp lots of water to get it all in today. Slosh, slosh!

Lulubar - hope the headache leaves in time :wink:

Stillkristi - you go girl!
  • Ok guys if took me way to long to figure out that it was Thanksgiving in Canada.. I kept reading stuff on Facebook about it but didn't put two and two together.... duh...

Have fun getting pampered Lulu-- just be careful with the food... those places have lots and lots of tempting food! !

healthymom2009--way to go on the treadmill girl. Burn those calories and get that heart rate up ! !
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    how come nobody misses me when i'm gone? been going thru a rough patch, like some of u.
  • adopt4 - :sad: we do miss you!!!! What's up?

Hey there are a lot of others missing too...where is everybody?????

This is my night off from exercise but trying to eat healthy. Hubby made turkey casserole - it was really good!
  • Lorann
    Lorann Posts: 107
    Good evening everyone ... I know I've been MIA for quite a while ... like some of you I have also been going through a tough time of it... I think I need that slipper... oh wait.. you better make it a steel toed boot!! I didn't even weigh in last Friday because I know I'm up a couple pounds and didn't want to actually see it. Between kids birthdays and Thanksgiving I did not watch what I was eating... also I haven't been drinking my water or doing any exercising besides all the cooking and cleaning I was doing. I'm still not motivated enough to get right back at it... today was the first day that I actually ate right and drank some water... I'm hoping to be right back on track by the weekend... but the way things have been I''m not sure if that will happen.... like I said I really need someone to kick my butt with that boot... the slipper is way to soft!!
  • adopt4
    you kick me lorann i'll kick you....:tongue: i don't know if i need a hug or a kick in the a&&...
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    hey everyone - kicking? Kelli, I would rather give hugs. Kicking always over balances me..................... :laugh:

Once again, yesterday went by and all I managed was logging exercise and food. Wow, I love my work, but geesh - it seems to be in the way of my life sometimes! Well, gotta go exercise. Take care all.
  • adopt4
    Well, I ate breakfast right this morning, some Nutrigrain waffles. Then for lunch had a starbucks vanilla latte, and a scone and a bagel. So thinking I'm probably over calories already... but the positive note is, at least it wasn't candy and ice cream, it was real food, even if not the best food. Sigh. Going to losingit's tonight for a wine and cheese party, and plan on having some wine too. Will just do better the rest of the day and eat apples for snacks and maybe just a salad for dinner so I can make up for some of the calories (haven't logged yet, so not sure how bad it is). Have to drink my water yet though.

I got a kitten a while back, and last night she was sleeping on me while I was watching tv. I told her it's time for bed cat, and she jumped down, went into the laundry room and went into her bed. !?!? That cat thinks she's a dog, I swear. Really made me laugh that she did that. What a goofus, it's certainly my cat, personality wise that is! LOL

Challenge for those struggling or just starting out: will also post on tomorrow's, but start today:
    1. Log all your food. Even if you are way over calories, LOG IT.
    2. Drink all your water. Start out with 1/3 of it in the a.m.,, 1/3 in afternoon, and 1/3 in evening before dinner. See if that timing works for you and helps you remember to do it.

Challenge for those who are doing ok or have been doing this awhile:
    1. The above two steps, if you aren't being faithful about it.
    2. Reset your goals in MFP for food, make sure that your calorie intake is right with your current weight.
    3. Eat an extra serving of greens every day this week. Cut out a fruit if you eat lots of fruit to make up for it, or some carbs.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Hi all,
    Doing great today! It's chilly and rainy here (90 & sunny last week, 50 and rainy this week. Gotta love autumn in SC) so I made an altered version of a stew/soup I saw on 30 Minute Meals yesterday. It's AWESOME and only 250 calories for a huge serving (about 2 cups). I haven't been eating much bread lately so I paired the soup with some ciabatta bread and I was in heaven. I can hardly wait for dinner now. :laugh:

I made up a lower-calorie recipe for pumpkin cheesecake yesterday and it's really amazing. I have an idea that will lower the calories even more, but this pie has 195 calories/slice (slice is 1/12 of a 9 inch cheesecake) and it's so worth every calorie. I think I'm going to enjoy experimenting to lower the calories. :wink:

I just burned about 900 calories with my workout -- stationary bicycle & 30 day shred. I love love love 30 day shred & it's free on Exercise TV On Demand. I'm not expecting a big number for weigh-in tomorrow. I ate some things I shouldn't this weekend and slacked off on exercise since my bf's mom was staying with us plus TOM is visiting. As long as I don't gain I'll be happy. :smile:
  • lorann - welcome back. this journey is all about your desire for change - lifestyle, thinking, actions. You've lost a fair amount of weight - I too struggle with staying on track when I see so much progress already. I decided I wouldn't be satisfied until I reached my goal. Then I could say "I'm done for good." Not, "I'll lose the rest later." That's what got me in this situation:grumble: Carry on my girl!:flowerforyou:

adopt4 - I keep my water bottle handy and can't start eating my next meal until I empty it first (and refill for later of course). Way to go on the goal setting...sounds good.

jlb123 - Awesome calorie burn. Go baby! Keep up the exercise and the scale will catch up. Your body will show your hard work soon. I recently had to move my workouts indoors because it was too dark and cold after supper. Kind of depressing but am focussed on my c25k so its OK.:smile:

Working on week 4 and couldn't finish the run today.:cry: Guess I will be repeating this week until I gain a little more endurance. Burned 400 calories at least. Saturday is my next run day.

See everyone at weigh in tomorrow! :yawn:
  • healthymom - sw208/gw150/cw165 = -2 lbs

holiday challenge: -5 lbs(15 lbs to go by Christmas)

This week my success has been to drink my water first and then my lunch before the kids eat. By the time they are done I am not tempted to nibble on theirs. My body is on the low swing before TOM will arrive next week.

If you are struggling, please stick with it because you will get back in the groove - it took me 2 months and I'm finally ready mentally to stick with my plan. At times we all just need a break. Don't be hard on yourself, just don't stay there! :flowerforyou:
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Hey everyone, I am trying this - here is the new thread for the week:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/68605-t-h-e-team-trying-hard-everyday-week-37