Hi all

Options
I never thought I'd write on a forum but here I go. I am new to this site and I am going nuts. A little background on me: Used to be a nice size 6 around 125lbs (I'm 5'4"). Healthy and active. Got married, had a baby a year later and 5 years later I am now 170lbs and miserable. I am down right fat. Can't believe I finally admitted that.:blushing:

Anyway, I just can't stop eating and can't figure out what to do. I ran marathons for 10+ years and I know all about nutrition and excercise. I just can't seem to get my act together and get going. I am lucky that my body holds the weight well but I feel like crap all the time. Tired, short of breath etc.. Also dealing with all the crap. I always had dates, always was considered very attractive etc... I am divorced (a while ago, before any of this happened, and my choice). Now I haven't had anyone even remotely think of asking me out. I want to lose weight to get healthy and be able to be active with my daughter. I don't want future health issues and can't wait to fit into all of those cute clothes in my closet. Unfortunately it just seems like it is too much for me to do. 40lbs seems like a ridiculous amount and I don't feel like it is possible. Hopefully writing this will help me jump start. My first step is to get my butt out of bed in the morning and go running.

Replies

• Clara
    Clara Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    good luck to you. you CAN do this! you WILL do this! :flowerforyou:
  • loritas
    loritas Posts: 51
    Options
    I just started myfitnesspal as well and can relate to how you feel. I've been married for about 7 years and during that time, gained around 40 pounds. I've managed to lose and keep off 9-10 pounds within the past year or so but it's been difficult. My body is just stuck in a plateau no matter how hard I try. We just gotta take one day at a time. It might seem like a lot to lose but we just have to take those baby steps and push on. :happy: