Is it possible have full meal on any one day?

Options
umer76
umer76 Posts: 1,272 Member
I have been using MFP for nearly 3 weeks and been on diet for 2 months now and have lost 13lbs. Just a question, as we are counting our calories, is it possible that I can eat on one day my usual full meal (which I have not eaten in 2 months) and then try to adjust the calories in the coming days. It means in a week if I am allowed 14,000 calories, I will be around that mark by the end of the week by saving say 400-500 calories in the coming days. Or I can do some cycling to burn/earn the calories:) Does any of you do that? Is it allowed to cheat during your dieting?

Replies

• Emily_Katherine
    Options
    Yes, you can definitely make a bigger meal fit in to your macros by having a little less other days or exercising more to burn the calories. It is not cheating, it is part of making a healthy lifestyle work for you.
  • umer76
    umer76 Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    How often can you do that? May be once or twice a month.
  • Emily_Katherine
    Options
    Sure, if you're meeting your goals. It might be easier to give advice if I knew what you meant by your "full meal". Are your meals now somehow incomplete?

Since we know that diets aren't very effective but changing one's lifestyle is, it is important to stop thinking of your current meals as not being "full". You'll need to find a way to occasionally work in the less-healthy things you enjoy that works for you. When you do work hard to make room for something less-healthy in your plan, make sure it is something you will really enjoy!
  • sandraDallas
    Options
    I'm not an exercise physiologist but think the most likely way to do this effectively is to burn the extra calories within 24 hours.

In any case, if you reduce portion sizes you can eat a "regular" meal, though of course it won't be "regular" as to the amount.

One thing that works for a lot of people is to drink an entire glass of cold water with some fresh lemon juice before a meal so you will feel full sooner.