Keep going over on my protein...

Options
I can cut down on carbs, fat, and calories, but it's much harder to keep the intake of protein down.

In your experiences is going over on protein daily a problem as long as everything else stays with in goal?

Replies

• 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    MFP's protein recommendation is very low. I have changed mine for that reason.
  • reggie2run
    reggie2run Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I always go over my protein number. And my sugar number is always up but this is from the milk, yougart, fruit and such that I eat so I don't worry about it.

I haven't found neither to be a problem as long as my alotted calorie number is kept in check.
  • magtize
    magtize Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    II go over protein almost every day but try to keep carbs low.I eat chicken,fish,and drink protein shakes.Eat lots of fruit and veggies.Would like to here what others do
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,226 Member
    Options
    Good job. Going over in protein from the number MFP gives is a good thing. That number is quite low. Protein can help you feel more full longer. So eat up the protein.
  • Cmandy67
    Cmandy67 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I have heard or read somewhere that excess or unused protein turns to fat : ( Might want to check on that ...
  • rebeccasedwards
    Options
    I notice that I do the same thing. I'm losing weight while eating low fat meats and watching my diet. I'm not too worried.
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    Start doing a little lifting and leveraging that protein to tone up some muscle.

Muscle burns calories. You'll be doing yourself a huge favor long-term.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    I have heard or read somewhere that excess or unused protein turns to fat : ( Might want to check on that ...

No, it does not. I eat probably at least 3xs the MFP recommended protein intake. Excess calories are stored as fat, whether they are carbs, fat or protein it doesn't matter. As long as you are not eating excess calories, you will not store fat.
  • ready2tryagain42
    Options
    I always go over protein, Vitamin C and A...mostly because I take a lot of supplements and eat foods high in protein and these vitamins. I don't worry too much about it..because I need protein to get through my workouts.
  • KathShum2012
    Options
    I am over my protein goal everyday too. I don't think the protein levels are very healthy. In my opinion it is a lot better to be a bit over on protein than over in carbs. I am over in my sugar levels, but that is due to having a few portions of fruit a day.