New here! First time Mom battling the baby weight!

Options
Hi there! My name is Erin and I'm the proud Mom of a beautiful three month old baby boy named Sam. The pregnancy was pretty stressful and came with a host of medical issues - including gestational diabetes. I managed it with insulin while pregnant and have now been told that I am high risk to develop type 2 diabetes. So, here I am, ready to make some serious changes in my life AND my waistline. Just wondering if there are any new Moms, women who've had similar experiences, etc. or anyone who'd like someone to chat with/lean on etc. I know I can use all the help I can get. I'm 225 lbs now and would love to get down to 150. It's going to be a tough road, but I am ready to take care of myself and set a good example for my baby boy! Glad to be here!!:happy:

Replies

• Leannek74
    Leannek74 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Hi Erin, welcome aboard! I've lost my baby weight with my firness pal twice, it's a fantastic resource. Although, I've been lucky, both my pregnancies were relatively uneventful, I know what it's like to need to get healthy after, you body takes quite a beating! Feel free to add me if you like-Leanne
  • MariaLivingFit
    MariaLivingFit Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Hi Erin - feel free to add me. I'm a mom of two (1 and 3 year olds) and trying to lose the last 10 pounds (bouncing back from the first one was so much easier!). I know how difficult it can be to stay on track, but healthy eating and exercise is the way to go. It might take a bit longer than crash dieting, but it is a change that will last a lifetime.
  • AstridParties
    AstridParties Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hi there...feel free to add me...I just had a baby in January so I know exactly what you're going through!!
  • khemory
    khemory Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi Erin. Im also a new mom of a 15 month old, and trying to loose at least 15 lbs. Any of yall can add me also if you want, Im sure we could all use the encouragment!!
  • rcharlee
    rcharlee Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the baby Erin! My little girl is 11 months old, and battling baby weight is hard and a long road. You will get there, and hopefully with determination you'll avoid type 2 diabetes!
  • jln1606
    jln1606 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    JLN here... Erin, My baby is almost 2 and I am still walking around with an extra 15 pounds, largely due to my love for Arby's during the pregnancy and my total lack of exercise after:) I turn 38 in July and we want another baby. Really want to be fit and healthy before, during, and after another pregnancy. Count me in! I definitely need some accountability! I am starting Jillian Ripped in 30 tonight- no time to go to the gym these days so I am going old school! I vow to be able to wear clothes without Spanx again by August 1!
  • senyosmom
    senyosmom Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Hello - add me if you want.

I am a mom to a 15 month old boy. I weight 187 lbs and am only 5 foot tall. I set my goal at 150 lbs as well!
  • mcwhit
    mcwhit Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm in a similar boat. My son is 15 months and I'm trying to get into shape to set a good example for him. Feel free to add me: mcwhit
  • veganpoler
    veganpoler Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on taking this step so soon into motherhood - that is fantastic! I have three kids and my youngest is 2 1/2...so I'm finally working on getting back down to my pre-all-pregnancies weight, since I know that I am done having kids.

I read somewhere that 3 - 9 months postpartum is a time when your body is especially primed for losing weight, so you are hitting it right on the money!
  • nmelki
    nmelki Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi,

I am a mother of two 19 months and 4 1/2 yrs old. I am still carrying my baby weight due to not being able to find time to work out or even the time to prepare healthy meals. How do you all do it???
  • sara1215
    sara1215 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat. I have a 4 month old and am having trouble loosing weight. It is so hard to eat good when taking care of a baby--I just eat whatever is easy. Hopefully I will be able to start doing better for the sake of my kids!
  • kristi89
    kristi89 Posts: 11
    Options
    Hi im a new mummy to a 3 yrs old little girl olivia and Harry-Lee who's 7 weeks today so im also battling the baby weight my pregnancy was also eventful but worth it please fill free to add me would be nice to swap diet tips as well as parenting ect tips my goal weight is also 150lb i have a canny way to go but i'll get tehir to give my children a good and healthy childhood Happy Dieting to you all xx
  • chelsa1986
    chelsa1986 Posts: 71
    Options
    Hey!

I was gestational diabetic with my first. What a rough pregnancy that was! You can do it, the weight DOES come off and you will be so proud!!!
  • mommy7
    mommy7 Posts: 153
    Options
    I'm not a new mom, but I have had seven children. Feel free to add me!!
  • ClaireSD35
    ClaireSD35 Posts: 38
    Options
    Hi Erin, feel free to add me. I am a mum of 2 (5 and 2) and battling to lose baby weight (still), and still need to lose around 50 lbs.