The best thing you can do with chick peas

Options
What is the best thing you have done with chick peas?

Replies

• kellapicola
    kellapicola Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    This! It is soo good! Hope you enjoy (here's the link for a photo: http://www.heathersdish.com/1/cilantro-lime-chickpea-salad/)

CILANTRO LIME CHICKPEA SALAD

2 cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
    4 loosely packed cups fresh spinach
    1/2 onion, chopped small
    juice from 4 limes
    1 bunch of cilantro (about loosely packed cup)
    3 Tbsp sugar
    2 Tbsp dijon mustard
    2 cloves garlic, finely minced or grated on a microplane
    1/2 Tbsp chili powder
    1/2 cup olive oil
    Chop the spinach very finely (feel free to use a food processor and pulse 3-4 times). Add the chickpeas, onion, and spinach to a large bowl. In the same food processor add the lime juice, cilantro, sugar, mustard, garlic, chili powder, and olive oil. Process til it comes together into a dressing, about 30-45 seconds. Pour over the chickpea mixture and stir to combine. Add salt and pepper to taste. Let sit for about 10 minutes on the counter or overnight in the fridge to let the flavors marry. Enjoy!
  • awesome_paws
    awesome_paws Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have done several versions of roasted chickpeas, they are an awesome snack!
    there are tons of different recipes online, this one is my favorite:
    http://ohsheglows.com/2010/08/03/easy-salt-vinegar-roasted-chick-peas/
  • TGKvr
    TGKvr Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Falafel! Oh how I love falafel!
  • awmejia
    awmejia Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Make them into humus and use it on wraps or as a dip
  • novatri
    novatri Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Babaganoush!!!
  • SnazzyTraveller
    SnazzyTraveller Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    what is this foreign tongue? i need to google what some of these are.

thanks all!
  • sollyn
    sollyn Posts: 179
    Options
    Babaganoush!!!

Explain!!!!!!! :happy:
  • milthom
    milthom Posts: 6
    Options
    Throw them away and eat baked chicken!
  • missnelso04
    missnelso04 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Couscous, black bean, and chickpea salad. Salt, pepper - it's a nutritious, filling, healthy dinner! 5 ingredients and you're good to go.

Sometimes I'll add a smidge of olive oil to add some viscosity, but I usually don't mind the dryness.
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    ohh I love Chick Peas!

I make hummus with them,

I also roast them with a little EVOO and some red curry seasoning. delish! A nice crunchy snack
  • erikkasusann
    erikkasusann Posts: 104
    Options
    I LOVE Garbanzo Beans! I make meatless burgers with them, Hummus, Cholay, they're great seasoned & roasted, put 'em in quinoa salads, and I've heard good things about baking with them, but I haven't tried it yet.
  • MsDandimite
    MsDandimite Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Falafel! Oh how I love falafel!

<3
    Falafel is the yummiest. Here's the recipe I use after trying loads: http://vegweb.com/index.php?topic=8615.msg506330#msg506330
    (warning though, vegweb hasn't been stable lately and sometimes give a malware warning. It's fine atm.)
    Another thing I love is chick pea tacos. Just "mush" the beans a little and fry them with the taco seasoning.

A standard lunch for me is canned chick peas, chopped spring onions or similar, tuna, spinach and a little dressing made with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Plus salt and seasoning :3
  • Minifeet
    Minifeet Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Babaganoush!!!

Really? I've never put them in baba ganoush, must try that.
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    This! It is soo good! Hope you enjoy (here's the link for a photo: http://www.heathersdish.com/1/cilantro-lime-chickpea-salad/)

CILANTRO LIME CHICKPEA SALAD

2 cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
    4 loosely packed cups fresh spinach
    1/2 onion, chopped small
    juice from 4 limes
    1 bunch of cilantro (about loosely packed cup)
    3 Tbsp sugar
    2 Tbsp dijon mustard
    2 cloves garlic, finely minced or grated on a microplane
    1/2 Tbsp chili powder
    1/2 cup olive oil
    Chop the spinach very finely (feel free to use a food processor and pulse 3-4 times). Add the chickpeas, onion, and spinach to a large bowl. In the same food processor add the lime juice, cilantro, sugar, mustard, garlic, chili powder, and olive oil. Process til it comes together into a dressing, about 30-45 seconds. Pour over the chickpea mixture and stir to combine. Add salt and pepper to taste. Let sit for about 10 minutes on the counter or overnight in the fridge to let the flavors marry. Enjoy!

Saving this because it sounds amazing!

I'll eat chickpeas straight out of the can - I've loved them since I was a little kid!
  • kgeldreich
    kgeldreich Posts: 73
    Options
  • wender125
    wender125 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    chocolate chip chick pea cookies. A la Jessica Seinfeld in her cookbook "Deceptively Delicious"
  • SnazzyTraveller
    SnazzyTraveller Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    chocolate chip chick pea cookies. A la Jessica Seinfeld in her cookbook "Deceptively Delicious"

ohhhh! hot dang!
  • HappilyLifts
    HappilyLifts Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I haven't actually tried it yet, but here's a chickpea sweet treat from my Pinterest that I keep meaning to make: http://pinterest.com/pin/271764158734353128/
  • HappilyLifts
    HappilyLifts Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    sounds divine!!