New to myfitnesspal- need encouragement

Options
Hey there! I just started using myfitnesspal 1 week ago...I'm already discouraged. I have a REALLY hard time eatting that many calories in a day...any advice?
Also, as I said, I started 1 week ago. I hope to loose 14lbs (atleast) this summer....but am already discouraged. My first week I lost 2 inches of my waist, and 1.7 off my hips, and lost 2lbs. I think that's healthy amounts, but not sure....and I want to see and feel results- and I'm not :(

I'm a stay at home mom with 2 children and on a low budget- so cheap food ideas would help- but I'm loving my at home Zumba DVDs and my time I get 3 days a week (in the evenings) to run/jog/rollerblade.....

Replies

• Hestion
    Hestion Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP :-)

Dont get disheartened, 2lbs is a good loss, to much to quickly is not good, and I think it depends on how much you have to lose overall?

The more you have the more comes off to begin with I believe?
  • amberwallbridge
    amberwallbridge Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi ! I'm new to this too !
    I find that making a big batch of soup is good, cheap and does three/four evening meals a week plus very nutritional. I also have cut out meat and alcohol from my diet, and feel much better for it. For inspiration I go on YouTube and look at videos of people before and after weight loss, generally before I work out. Hope this helps. Good luck x