Sarge gets philisophical

Options
So, I have refrained from getting overly spiritual around here, my faith is no secret, but I try not to cram it down people's throats. After I found this earlier today, I couldn't help but share it with everyone here. It's amazing to me to think that God has created the vastness of the universe (it's impossible for us to wrap our heads around just how big the galaxy really is), yet he knows me by name and finds me (as all his children) worthy of his attention and intervention.

Our God truly is awesome.

I hope you are as touched by his majesty as I am. (It may take it a few minutes to load, just wait a minute or so depending on your connection)

http://www.techdo.com/images/largest-know-star.htm

Replies

• sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    So, I have refrained from getting overly spiritual around here, my faith is no secret, but I try not to cram it down people's throats. After I found this earlier today, I couldn't help but share it with everyone here. It's amazing to me to think that God has created the vastness of the universe (it's impossible for us to wrap our heads around just how big the galaxy really is), yet he knows me by name and finds me (as all his children) worthy of his attention and intervention.

Our God truly is awesome.

I hope you are as touched by his majesty as I am. (It may take it a few minutes to load, just wait a minute or so depending on your connection)

http://www.techdo.com/images/largest-know-star.htm
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    I'll have to check out the link later - at home.

Just wanted to say thanks for the comment. It's easy for me to get wrapped up in my own stuff and life down here and to forget there is something much much bigger going on!! Thanks for the reminder to re-focus on the big picture. God truely is awesome!!
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Yes Sir...I am deeply touched by His Majesty.
  • number8
    number8 Posts: 12
    Options
    wow!! thanks for sharing that!!
  • 5KNohno
    5KNohno Posts: 503
    Options
    Our pastor preached a fantastic message Wed. night about how the all-knowing, all-powerful God of creation loves us enough to choose to be AWARE of how things look from our perspective, to be ATTENTIVE to the prayers and pleadings of our hearts, to be AFFECTED by our pain and sorrows, and to ASSIST us when we call on him for help. Pretty amazing thoughts!
  • cheermom11
    cheermom11 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Glad you did get philosophical Sarge. Our God IS Awesome! The link you provided is quite humbling.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing that! I am always in awe of the beautiful things that God has created and try to notice this amazing planet we are blessed to live on, as well as those we can only dream of seeing.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    WOW! That is truly amazing! Thank you for sharing that with us.
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I must be doing something wrong, because I have tried several times :frown: I give up, it just says page moved go to home page.
  • Pom_love_2
    Options
    I always loved "Horton Hears a Who" from the Dr. Seuss book series when I was a child (and how upset I was about everyone laughing at him and saying he was silly for thinking he heard something), how little did I know then that WE are really that speck of dust in the whole scheme of things....and that like Horton, God hears us just fine! (And how shocked those 'laughing' now are going to be when they find out that there really is a God that cares about us on this speck of dust!)

A quite awesome thought.
  • dshandt
    dshandt Posts: 192
    Options
    Thanks for the inspiration. Wow....I am blown away! I always say that my mind is easily boggled, and when I think about the vast numbers of people in the world and all the ramifications thereof....well, it is more than I can handle. Now this......isn't He amazing?
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Wow, we are tiny.

This came at an excellent time, as I've had a "poor me" sort of day. If God can do that, surely he is able to handle all my little troubles!:flowerforyou:
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    WOW!! How amazing :noway: