How to stop hunger taking over

Options
Hi all,

I started a 5k jog 3 weeks ago, I have been jogging/walking every other day, I was doing 30DS and some exercise DVD before, I have also been eating lots of fruit and veg, but the last 4 days I am constantly hungery, I mean starving! It is like a monster inside me is now unleashed and want to eat everything in sight! (It's not TOM)

I am drinking lots of water just in case I'm thristy, I know I am not, and all I want is to eat. My problem is that I can't function properly when all I can think about is food.... I am not on the straight 1200 cal a day as MFP suggested, I worked out my TDEE and my goal is 1500 cal. I also eat back my exercise cal, this is because I'm just hungry all the time.

My weight loss is also very slow, only 5lbs since beginning of April 2012. I am intent to carry on but would like to see the weight start to go down, even just 0.5lbs a week!

Does anyone experience this? How do you deal with your hunger?

Replies

• dani_1977
    dani_1977 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    My only one suggestion is... when you are inputting your calorie burned from running or working out, are your soley going on what MFP suggestes.

because MFP vs. my Heart Rate Monitor when looking at calories burned is MFP is extremly high.

examples

60 minuites of zumba for me on my HRM tells me I've burned between 500-650 calories

and MFP tells me 800

Also when I run 45 minutes my HRM can read anywhere from 400-500 calories.

and MFP like to tell me 600 or so.

So that can a major hinder well losing weight... over estimating calories burned when you are eating them back.
  • lelstar
    lelstar Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I would suggest you up your protein a little, it should help you feel fuller for longer. I didn't go looking for your diary but are you eating protein with every meal? I have nuts with fruit to level the sugar and help me feel fuller.
  • sodaisy
    sodaisy Posts: 69
    Options
    I do use the HRM as well as a pedometer, I had to adjust the min on MFP to get the correct calories.

I'm eating quite a bit of protein too, I love meat and I can eat a whole cow if you let me!
  • ladysha16
    ladysha16 Posts: 5
    Options
    Not sure if this applies to you but ...... I would suggest changing your meal plan a bit. If you are eating the same meals over and over then it can get dissatisfying.
  • grassette
    grassette Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Make yourself a good vegetable soup with a home made chicken stock, cabbage, carrots, and what ever other veggies you like to eat in a soup. Don't add pasta, rice or barley. This low cal soup will fill you up whenever you are hungry. And because it is very nourishing you won't gain weight. WW recommended this as a strategy years ago, and I find that it works really well for me.
  • Glucocorticoid
    Glucocorticoid Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I do use the HRM as well as a pedometer, I had to adjust the min on MFP to get the correct calories.

I'm eating quite a bit of protein too, I love meat and I can eat a whole cow if you let me!
    How much is quite a lot? Are you tracking macronutrient intake along with caloric intake?

Also, eat a crapload of fibrous vegetables everyday - this will help you stay full (along with numerous other benefits). Don't bother counting the calories from it, as a good portion won't be absorbed.