Workout DVDs?

Options
sc1572
sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
Hello! :)

I currently live in an apartment on the second floor, but it looks like when I move to my new one in August, I'll be on the first floor...YAY! I currently have a small gym at my apartment for 24/7 use for free, as well as my university's rec center. However, I've heard A LOT about Jillian Michaels DVDs, and was wondering which you think are the best. I'd LOVE to change up my workout routine sometimes, because I now have a HRM, and group classes at my university cost extra. I found 30 Day Shred on Amazon for under $10, so am interested in other options as well.

Thanks! :)

Replies

• beccadaniixox
    beccadaniixox Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I like using the DVD "Valerie Bertinelli: Losing it and Keeping Fit"
    She complains while she does the workouts with her trainer. I love it. :)
  • thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I've done the 30 Day Shred twice, loved it, great results.

I just started Ripped in 30 last night, has a few of the same moves as the Shred, but I'm really liking it.

Her workouts are short and effective, I find that I usually lose between 5-10lbs if I stick with one.

Oh, I also have 6 Week 6 Pack - it's HARD, but good!

I'd say give them a try, my dear!
  • corinne1977
    corinne1977 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Has anyone ever tried the "Insanity" dvd?
  • La1210
    La1210 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    30 Day Shred for sure. It will transform your body, and it was a kick butt workout for me.!!!!
  • pinthin87
    pinthin87 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Try Jillian's 6 Pack in 6 Weeks, and her Kickbox Quick Fix. They are both *kitten* kickers and the kickboxing one has 3 workouts that are each 20 minutes long, great for when you don't have a lot of time to workout!
  • jjoyms
    jjoyms Posts: 4
    Options
    I strongly and highly recommend a few of Jillian's workouts, including 30 day shred, Ripped in 30, six week six pack and Yoga Meltdown. I had fantastic results from the 30 days shred which, in combination with a smart, reduced calorie diet, helped me shed 30 pounds and completely transform & tone my body. After i had been doing the 30DS for a couple of months, I started alternating that with the other DVD's that i mention above. It kept me interested by adding some variety.
    I am currently doing Jillian's "body revolution" and absolutely LOVE it.
  • Genericwit
    Genericwit Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Has anyone ever tried the "Insanity" dvd?

Depending on how in/out of shape you are, Insanity is insane. Haha. I burned more calories doing Insanity for an hour a day than I would have at the gym for multiple hours. As long as you push yourself, it's going to work. Of course, to get in the groove, you could always do his Hip Hop Abs. It's the same guy, but it's like... the beginner version. Haha.
  • pashalia
    pashalia Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    For me Jillian michaels DVD really worth. Now I am on body revolution ...wow! Fantastic results!!
  • hwillia1
    hwillia1 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Killer buns and thighs is really good too, I hope they release body revolution in the UK soon!
  • jessw1823
    jessw1823 Posts: 24
    Options
    I own too many Jillian Michael's dvds to count lol. But my favorites are 6 Week 6 Pack and Killer Buns & Thighs :)
  • beckieleigh23
    beckieleigh23 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I don't know personally about Jillian's dvds (ive heard good things tho) but I do p90x and it's changed my life!! :)
  • lena1212
    lena1212 Posts: 3
    Options
    Insanity is the way to go!!!!!!!!!!!
  • xTenaciousJx
    xTenaciousJx Posts: 555
    Options
    i have 30DS, no more trouble zones and lose fast, boost metabolism. loveeee them
    i also like Leslie Sansone..I have 5 Really big miles and its an aerobic workout with resistance bands in 2 of the mile workouts. LOVEEEE

http://www.amazon.com/Leslie-Sansone-Really-Big-Miles/dp/B005BX3NKK/ref=sr_1_2?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1338324331&sr=1-2

I hear Jari Love is good as well. I have one of her DVD's but haven't tried it yet.
  • squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I've got Jillian's 30 day shed and No More Trouble Zones. I found NMTZ to be a less intense (though longer) version of 30DS so I was kinda meh about it. Loved 30DS though and. Did it quite a bit, not as a 30 day plan or whatever, but just as a random workout. It's 20 minutes But it's tough, and even after doing every level for a long period of time, it was still pushing me.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    You live in a second floor apartment .... talk to you your neighbors before buying high impact DVDs ..... 30 DS may offend your downstairs neighbors (jumping jacks big time). Maybe arrange a time when they're not home.

Low impact might be the way to go. For cardio - Leslie Sansone Walk at Home. This is really very simple floor aerobics.

For low impact circuit (like shred) Walking Cardio Shapeup Max with Chris Freytag. This has 2 circuit workouts, about 40 minutes each.
  • lanndriscoll
    Options
    If you like Bob Harper (from Biggest Loser also) his DVD's are only $5 each on his website www.bobharper.com. I really like to kettlebell workout, but they all are pretty good.