Gyro Wrist Balls

Options
deftanker
deftanker Posts: 105 Member
A few weeks ago I was woring on my truck and putting a lot of weight on my left wrist. I over extended a bit and my wrist popped like a 3 round burst. Since then it has been sore and weak. I cant do push ups with out some pain in that wrist.
So.
Has anyone used the gyo ball? Is it hype? Would it help me out?

Thanks

Replies

• DiscipleN2k
    DiscipleN2k Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm kind of curious about this myself. I dislocated my wrist nearly a year ago and it's still pretty wonky. I can finally do push-ups again (though yoga is still a bit painful), but if I try to lift too much weight and hold it at just the wrong angle it pops loose again.
  • fzyfrog
    fzyfrog Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I only saw the word "balls" in the topic post. Sadly, I was disappointed there wasn't more to this thread :tongue:

p.s. Sorry about your wrist and hope you get some relief!!
  • deftanker
    Options
    I only saw the word "balls" in the topic post. Sadly, I was disappointed there wasn't more to this thread :tongue:

p.s. Sorry about your wrist and hope you get some relief!!

I would be really upset if those were what popped
  • drezha
    drezha Posts: 18
    Options
    I used to use one for archery and squash and it worked. Quite good fun as well.

In fact, the UK Fire Service also recommend them.
    http://www.fireservice.co.uk/store/fitnessproducts
  • deftanker
    Options
    I think I will get one and give it a try then. Thank you
  • deftanker
    Options
    just an update. I did get one and it sees to work great. I have only had it for 24 hours and trying not to over extend its use and have sore forearms the next day. I will say my wrist feels a bit better though. Not bad for $19 (or 5 big macs)
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Have you seen a doctor about this? There's a lot happening at that wrist joint. You could have a scaffoid fracture or basal joint arthritis. Do you have problems opening jars?

I had pain doing pushups and the doctor ended up giving me cortizone(sp?) injections in that joint. I'm all better now. Then I did some damage hitting a punching bag without getting wrapped. Fortunately, it was just ligament damage.

I also have the gyro ball and i think it's helped with strengthening my wrist.
  • deftanker
    Options
    No I havent gone to the doctor. Thats a lot of scary words.... It is getting better over time. If it still hurts in a couple of weeks I will be sure to go. I think I just sprained it. Thank you though
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    I use one but I'm a softball pitcher and use it for wrist strength.