Exit Strategy!!

Options
RMuske
RMuske Posts: 271 Member
Hahaha. After reading another post I am wondering what everyones best exit strategy is when you are on a bad date!?!

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,058 Member
    Options
    Bathroom. Phone. Cab. Yup. I did it.
  • ultim8one
    ultim8one Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Honesty !! "This date sucks so I'm gonna go salvage what I can from the rest of the night ... see ya"
  • livinginwoods
    livinginwoods Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    It depends on the date.....but have had to use the my stomach is really upset excuse a couple of times. Once I just told the guy he was a jerk and called a cab. Sometimes I was just honest.
  • RMuske
    Options

HAHA!!! That is awesome!
  • ket_the_jet
    ket_the_jet Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    I'd never do something ungentlemanly or unbecoming, so if it was just that someone didn't meet my preferences, I'd continue the date. If someone was a slovenly, godless Philistine then I'd bluntly, while politely, excuse myself.
    -wtk
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    I've only done it once, and I had my friend call me saying her sister was in trouble and needed a ride. So I dipped and told her I'd call her, and never did. But that crazy girl kept on calling... and calling... and calling.
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty straight forward. I would just excuse myself early.
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    I'm assuming you mean for first/blind dates?

This is why I always just do drinks, or coffee, or ice cream or something for a first blind date... that way, if it turns out horribly, after 20 minutes, you can just say... well, that was great... and not see them again.

Anything past the first date... I figure I knew what I was getting myself into and just tough it out.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    I'd ask her to pay for half the check. According to most people around here, that pretty much guarantees there is no second date. ;-)
  • marieautumn
    marieautumn Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    the great thing about being a mom is they are the best excuse to get out of ANYTHING. Work, bad dates, boring nights out, kids solve this problem! just say "oh i got a call, my kid is sick, gotta go". No one can argue with that excuse. NO ONE. :smile:
  • Jason112
    Jason112 Posts: 7
    Options
    Sadly enough I never had one. I had a blind date once and I wasn't into it and she was. She wanted to go somewhere after dinner, so we went out for some drinks. I drank as much as I could and tried being a little agressive. She STILL called. Needless to say we never spoke again.
  • Pspetal
    Pspetal Posts: 426 Member
    Options

HAhahahahah I did it too once!
  • StaceyL76
    StaceyL76 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Why not just be honest?
  • Trostlegirl
    Trostlegirl Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Went and used a payphone (that long ago), called a friend and had her come get me. Guy was crazy! When she got there I made some dumb excuse and bolted.
  • nmb0717
    nmb0717 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    A few years ago, I went on a blind date to the movies... This guy would not quit running his hand up my leg and we were only at the previews! I was beyond uncomfortable. I told him I had to go to the bathroom before the movie started, left the theater and walked straight out the front door. See ya, creeper!
  • anabell31
    anabell31 Posts: 268
    Options
    My mom and I have a password system set up. If I text her the password she calls me with an excuse to come home.
  • twisted88
    twisted88 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Generally we've talked quite a bit before we "go out fro coffee", but I give them the whole disclosure, ask them if they mind, and if they do we part ways (I always give the person an out. Once they guy saw me from afar and didn't like what he saw, but he was respectful about it and he decided to leave while I went ahead and saw the movie.).
    Once for a fling (not a blind date) he was such an a-hole I told him to f*** off and left, but yeah, that wasn't a blind date or first date.
  • twisted88
    twisted88 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    My mom and I have a password system set up. If I text her the password she calls me with an excuse to come home.

I've done that before, but I use it more for when a friend wants to do something and I don't want to do it (and it would shatter thier bit of self-esteem for me to decline). She has even used me as an excuse in return.
  • RMuske
    Options
    I've never had to bail on a first date but this is hillarious. Good ideas so far.
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    i had a guy go on and on about wanting kids. finally stopped him cold and said something like "this is never going to work. but you have a nice life." and got up and walked out.

i'm not the kind of person who gets up w/o a word, i'll usually say what's on my mind. i'm sure you're all shocked by that. :laugh: