Alcohol!!!

Options
MrsTomy
MrsTomy Posts: 504 Member
So i NEVER go out...I am kinda an old lady (i am 21!), but I am actually going out tonight with a group of friends and wanted to have a drink or two. What are some drinks that are low calorie....i don't do beer (GROSS!)...any ideas?

Replies

• MrsTomy
    Options
    So i NEVER go out...I am kinda an old lady (i am 21!), but I am actually going out tonight with a group of friends and wanted to have a drink or two. What are some drinks that are low calorie....i don't do beer (GROSS!)...any ideas?
  • missktuga
    missktuga Posts: 21
    Options
    well hun bun..... diet coke and vodka.....
  • jpwarner
    jpwarner Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    if it is alcohol, it all the same, depends on size of glass and so forth. The average rule of thumb is aobut 100 cal a shot +/- the drink. lower proof less cals unless it has other things like soda or other ingrediants.
  • MrsTomy
    Options
    Not a big vodka fan...rum?
  • kerikitkat
    kerikitkat Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Not a big vodka fan...rum?

Diet Coke and VODKA?? EWWW! :tongue: No offense, but generally mixing vodka with a dark soda is considered not a good idea... just like mixing dark rum with Sprite would be... less than ideal. lol

My new fave is Gin & Tonic, but I use the calorie-free flavored sparkling waters from Wal-Mart instead of regular tonic. Think they might have something similar at the bar? About 100 cals for a one-shot drink.

You can do rum & diet for the same, just ask the bartender to let you know if he plans on putting any "extra" in your drink. :wink:
  • kingon8
    kingon8 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I would say a bloody mary, v8 juice or tomato juice are typically low calorie, and if you mixit with something low proof then it would be even lower. Plus if you add hot sauce that is supposed to be good for digestion and speeding the metabolism(supposedly) although a bloody mary is typically with vodka you could sub it for rum I guess, not sure about the taste though. :ohwell:
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    ahh if you're only having 1 or 2 then I wouldn't worry too much about it. anything with tonic water is fine by the way. Just try to stay away from the frozen drinks, they usually have lots of sugar.
  • dulceluva
    dulceluva Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    vodka and cranberry - those drinks are usually watered down anyways.
  • alimassa
    alimassa Posts: 275
    Options
    vodka and cranberry - those drinks are usually watered down anyways.

Vodka.....yummy.....thanks alot guys, now I want a drink!!! Something fruity with a twist to make me think I am somewhere warm....not stuck in an APRIL BLIZZARD in South Dakota.

HAVE ONE OR FIVE FOR ME!!

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • LightenUp_Caro
    LightenUp_Caro Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I just made a lemonade with sparkling water and vodka.
    it was nice....

anyway, I'm a white wine girl as well and thats pretty low cal.
    Have fun tonight!!
  • alimassa
    alimassa Posts: 275
    Options
    I just made a lemonade with sparkling water and vodka.
    it was nice....

anyway, I'm a white wine girl as well and thats pretty low cal.
    Have fun tonight!!

white wine.....yummy....:laugh: