Nerdy 40-something seeking support...

Options
Hi all - newbie here, seeking support - and some accountability, honestly. = ).
I've tried and tried and failed again in previous "attempts" to lose my extra weight. If it doesn't go soon, will have to start naming it!
I'm hoping this time, if I shout it from the roof tops that it's my intent to FINALLY get these pounds off, people will ask "how's that going?" I thought it would further the cause to join others in my situation as well - and one can never have too much support, can they?
So, any and all who are looking for some ether support as well - and maybe a little humor along the way - please add me as your Fitness Pal friend.
Thanks - and here's to all our continued success!
Deb

Replies

• sibitalic
    sibitalic Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi Deb! Great to have you here! I am in the same boat, so let's row together to the success! :) GO US!
  • DebsNewLife
    DebsNewLife Posts: 12
    Options
    Hi Deb! Great to have you here! I am in the same boat, so let's row together to the success! :) GO US!

Thanks, Sibitalic! I subscribed to your Blog, think it's a great way to stay in touch and stay on track. As soon as I figure out how to cleverly break all rules re: sentence structure, am hoping to start - and continue - one myself.
    And yes - GO US!
  • twisted88
    twisted88 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I've gone ahead and sent you a request.

This group is awesome if you have any geekiness in you.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/3566-the-geek-squid

Welcome.
  • DebsNewLife
    Options
    I've gone ahead and sent you a request.

This group is awesome if you have any geekiness in you.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/3566-the-geek-squid

Welcome.

oh, that looks like it will be fun.... thanks!
  • BookofJenny
    BookofJenny Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Ahoy there oh fellow wander of the weighty waves:)

Welcome to this very supportive place - feel free to add!
  • DebsNewLife
    Options
    Ahoy there oh fellow wander of the weighty waves:)

Welcome to this very supportive place - feel free to add!

love it...lol
    and thanks - always happy to add someone who makes me chuckle!
  • sharon_rn
    sharon_rn Posts: 8
    Options
    Hey y'all! I have been on about a week and it is very cool. Lots of handy tools. I love being able to see where the calories are. And if I think I want to eat something I check the numbers and sometimes I still eat it haha But I am doing well. Exorcise is the big thing. I hate not having numbers to put in....it helps me push on. :) I have a couple friends on here that I haven't seen in years. The support is awesome. Would love to add you! Let me know and good luck!!! Sharon
  • ritwhit
    ritwhit Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm looking for some support as well! Thanks so much!
  • alumpoflard
    alumpoflard Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'll add you, I'm the same age as you and have 'dieted' all my adult life, this is the last time though, because I'm gonna succeed this time :-) been here since January 1st and love it, hope you do too x
  • Venturin
    Venturin Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP Deb. Hopefully you can lose the weight before giving it a name! Good luck
  • jodiratliff
    jodiratliff Posts: 19
    Options
    I am so in the same boat be sure to add me as a freind and I will bring the accountability and the humor! LOL :laugh:
  • Cyngen
    Cyngen Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Add request has been sent... from one nerd to another :D
  • DebsNewLife
    Options
    Bumping my friend request up...cause I'm needy!
    Yes, yes - I'm nerdy, needy and (not a bit) narcissistic.
    Okay, maybe a BIT - but I'm still good support, I swear!

= )
  • RunChristyRun
    RunChristyRun Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me...I don't think I'm a nerd (unless you ask my kids!). Lol!
  • ThoreaulyMe
    Options
    Hi, Deb!

I'm new to MFP (at least the community!) and would be happy to offer support and motivation! Please feel free to add me as a friend! :-)