Do you have a full-length mirror in your home?

Options
I was just wondering how many of us don't have a full-length mirror in our home. I know I have not had one for at least 25 years. I think that is a small part of how I gained so much weight without fully realizing it. Well, today, I have the mirror and the hanging stuff & the mirror is going on the door in my hall. I want to be able to see the positive changes that I'm working hard to accomplish!

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,080 Member
    Options
    ugh. My closet door are mirrors. So about a 7 X 10 foot mirror. It didn't stop me from over-eating.

I finally put a curtain over one side of it so I could watch one TV instead of two.
  • Klegl
    Klegl Posts: 48
    Options
    I have one in my room but the mirror is warped so its not the best if I'm trying to look at my body or outfits. It makes me look like Im in a fun house
  • KRFinLeth
    KRFinLeth Posts: 22
    Options
    I have a full length mirror in my bedroom. One wall in my bathroom is all mirror and another half wall is also all mirror. I totally believe it helps in the battle to keep weight off. You can't escape what you see!
  • Athena98501
    Athena98501 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    That's terrific! I do have one. It makes me feel more comfortable in my clothing selection.
  • FTIM2015
    FTIM2015 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I have one so that i can't avoid seeing the size that I got to.

However the friend of an ex, she's tiiiiiny!!!, wont have a mirror bigger than A4 in the house...
  • mrsejennings
    mrsejennings Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I have mine in the hall, next to the scale. It keeps me in check. I used to work out in front of it...but that was a bit too much...lol
  • btanton27
    btanton27 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    i definately agree that if i had a full length mirror that i wouldnt of gained so much. i just bought some decorative circle mirrors and have them scattered all over a section of wall so i can see EVERYTHING now lol. i think it might help!!!
  • Munjoyhillgal
    Munjoyhillgal Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have one, but it is an old fashioned glass and kinda wavy and of course I refuse to look at myself in it. But I am trying to start looking and accepting what I look like.
  • onequirkygirl
    onequirkygirl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    No. I have mirrors on the wall though, so I can see my full body, but not my feet. I would avoid it! I'm always surprised when I go to my grandma's becasue I think I look smaller in a full-length......but can't bring myself to buy one, they are tacky to me unless behind a closet door.
  • angeldaae
    angeldaae Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I can not imagine *not* having a full-length mirror. How else do you know that your shoes go with your skirt?
  • ktlynn447
    ktlynn447 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    yes... always have... even at my heaviest i still dressed well and cared what i looked like before i left the house... now i can admire my progress :smile:
  • TaintedVampyre
    TaintedVampyre Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    I have one and I just started taking it down so it's facing me while I'm working out so that I can fix the small mistakes.
  • TheFunBun
    TheFunBun Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I used to have a few in my dance room before the dogs ran through and made a mess of them, but now I still have them in my bathroom and closet. Looking at myself in the mirror doesn't help me with my weight.. I guess I always think I look pretty damn good? LOL. Only the scale frightens me into good behavior, mostly because of terrifying insurance premiums. ;)
  • Reesecup312
    Reesecup312 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I have 3 of them and they are slightly obstructed, but I can't blame the obstructed mirrors for my out of control eating and lack of exercise. That was all my fault!! I, like you, want to see the progress along the way, so I may have to move some things around so I can see full length! :smile:
  • onequirkygirl
    onequirkygirl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I can not imagine *not* having a full-length mirror. How else do you know that your shoes go with your skirt?

I pull a Katy Perry.

NeC0q.jpg