I have a long way to go

Options
jdmonet
jdmonet Posts: 6 Member
I'm new to this forum, I feel discouraged because I have a lot of weight to lose. Being impatient and wanting quick results always get me in trouble. I'm looking for support and friends to do this together

Replies

• Hestion
    Hestion Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome, dont be discouraged, I was like that for ages, and had the attitude of 'im fat anyway, so it doesnt make any difference' but now I've given myself a good shake up and realised it takes time, just have to keep plugging away at it, you can do it :-)
  • ready2tryagain42
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Please feel free to add me. I will encourage you and try to help you if you help me. We can do this together!
  • danielle3203
    Options
    welcome to the site. I just started using it this weekend, and i dont know why i didnt start sooner. they are great people on here! Feel free to add me and we can do this together!
  • jdmonet
    jdmonet Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the good inspiration
  • MonicaT1972
    MonicaT1972 Posts: 512
    Options
    Fell free to add me as I friend. I was in the same place, but now that I see results I can't stop!
  • Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! One step at a time, focus on small goals and never, never, never, never give up :)
  • Neahpata
    Neahpata Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Hi, I still have a long way to go also so feel free to add me :)
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    some days will be good, others bad. some weeks or days you'll be in a rut/drought, other times you'll be busting through and keeping on track. just remember, it's all one day at a time, do whatever it takes to get to the results you want tomorrow. it's a process of changing bad habits, and it doesn't happen all at once. patience is key, you'll do fine.
  • dodgegirl1979
    dodgegirl1979 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    welcome and you can add me if you like ill try and help as much as i can .
  • Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Dont look at it as a whole, break it up onto managable pieces. I find that easier for some things. Each day gets you closer to your goal and it gets easier. Make some supportive friends here and get started, you never know how good you will feel until you do
  • JJamieGG
    JJamieGG Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey friend. I TOTALLY know the feeling :(. I was there for a long time. Just the "screw it" attitude... I was too impatient and frustrated and hated the idea that my goal was so far away. I lost over 60 pounds and seriously it was something I NEVER thought I could do. Unfortunately, I've gained over 20 of it back :/ so I'm back at it. But this time I don't have that attitude. Of course I'm frustrated with myself but I am ready to do this because, are you ready for it, my best piece of advice is this: The hardest part is starting. That first day feels pointless... Day 1, 2 and 3 maybe will too. BUT, After a week, even if you don't see results, you'll feel amazing and proud of yourself and not discouraged anymore. Once you start to see progress and results, even if its only 5 pounds, it will push you to keep going and go harder. Its never always easy, it truly is a journey. But its not a miserable journey, its really fun and exciting, for the most part :)

That was quite a rant, I'm sorry. I hope it helps. I'm ready to do this again and I'll be sticking around here! Add me!
  • aphrogirl2002
    Options
    Take it one day at a time...I've got over 100 pounds to lose and can definitely identify with you. YOU CAN DO IT! Be patience and persistence. There are tons of resources here to help you on your journey. Feel free to add me.
  • izzydino
    izzydino Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    WElcome to mfp! Take one day at a time and don't forget to enjoy every day of this journey!
  • Momma_Grizz
    Momma_Grizz Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Think of it as a journey and take that journey one day, one step and one choice at a time. Mine was a long road, so at the beginning I took it in increments of 5 pounds at a time. I lost 5 pounds, then thought yup, I'm gonna lose the next five, and so on...... It really helped. And, instead of thinking of it as 'dieting' (too negative for me - makes me feel deprived), I would think of it as a learning experience - a new way of life.
  • steinbok
    steinbok Posts: 82
    Options
    Support is here! Been there before. It is possible to get to a desired weight and stay there! I once weighed 215#, dropped almost 60. I set a goal of 160. I hit it and then went below it. You need to set a number and then make plans to get to that number.
    You're going to need to give up some stuff that you found comforting before. Know it's not good for your temple, Know that you don't want to go back to your current stead ever again.

Make the right choices....One day at a time.
  • LynC33
    LynC33 Posts: 196
    Options
    Hi and welcome :-) You will always feel discouraged if you look at the total amount of weight you have to lose. Break it down into small milestones. Funnily enough, they seem more achievable. For eg, Im not looking at the 11kgs I want to lose, Im looking at the 500-700grams a week I want to lose. Good luck
  • Mgregory723
    Mgregory723 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I too have a long way to go. It's going to be a slow and steady change that will last a life time. Please feel free to add me. :bigsmile:
  • gmt77
    gmt77 Posts: 2
    Options
    I feel the same way... I have a LONG way to go. But I am encouraged that I found this site!!!
    It will be a journey, but let's do it together!!! There is strength in many!!! :)
  • whatthedeuce23
    whatthedeuce23 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Anyone feel free to add me! I need motivation too and I'm on mobile every day!:ohwell:
  • bethmakesmusic
    bethmakesmusic Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I have a lot to lose to and I'm still at the beginning. Feel free to add me and we can help each other out!