What does your daily routine look like?

Options
I am a working mom of two and am having a hard time figuring out a good schedule that will allow me to fit in workouts. I am thinking I might have to try mornings, but that would mean getting up at 4:30.... just wondering what everybody else does, and to get some confirmation that I would not be the only one up at that hour. It helps to know I am not alone!

Replies

• Amo_Angelus
    Amo_Angelus Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I wish I had one :P I wake up, tidy the house then I don't feel much like working out. I'm contemplating putting yoga in after coffee before starting the housework though. Something nice and sedate to just help wake me up with my coffee.
  • julieh391
    julieh391 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I have 3 kids (11,3, and 2 months) working 2-3 evenings a week. I usually get up around 7, load everyone in the car and take the 11 year old to school. On the way home the baby usually falls asleep. If he doesn't I'll nurse him when we get home and he'll nap almost immediately. I put cartoons on for my 3 year old or let her play computer games while I do my C25K workout on the treadmill 3-4 days a week (25-30 minutes.) On days I don't do C25K I'll walk on an incline for 20 minutes or so. I'm going to start doing some sort of dvd (probably 30 Day Shred) on my non-C25K days instead of walking. On days I just can't manage to get it done in the morning I workout in the evening after dinner (making sure I don't eat too much) since my husband is home to watch the kids.
  • bogle34
    bogle34 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I work FT usually 8 am - 5 pm, I am also a graduate student, take online courses. I try to work out around 5:30 am - if I don't make it I try to go after work around 5:30 pm. I do group classes at local gym, variety of work outs. I have one child 10 years old, & my husband works out of town & no family - but no excuses I work it out if that is my goal to loose the unwanted lbs.
  • mrswattie
    mrswattie Posts: 16
    Options
    I'm a mum too with a 5 year old and 1 year old. I've started doing my workouts in the lounge so I can get my exercise and still keep an eye on the baby. I do the first one while the girls are eating breakfast and the second one when we get home from school, just before baby goes down for a nap. Plus I walk to and from school each day and try to add in extra walks where I can. My husband works away for 4 weeks at a time so my workouts have to fit in with me and the kids really.