100 Day Burpee Challenge

Options
So this kind of started out as a challenge with my boyfriend, then it got mentioned to one of my MFP friends who joined in on our crazy train, then I blogged about it and it seemed like people were interested.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/aggiesrar05/view/burpees-we-all-love-to-hate-them-264416

So now I'm officially putting it out there - 100 days, sequentially to 100 burpees. Day 1 - 1 burpee, Day 2 - 2 burpees, Day 3 - 3 burpees... you get the idea... all the way to Day 100 - 100 burpees.

On days that burpees don't get done they just have to be made up for the next day. For example, I pulled a muscle in my neck shoulder doing rolling burpees in CrossFit and missed day 6, 7, and 8. So on Day 9 I did 6+7+8+9=30 burpees.

Anyone up for the challenge? We are currently on Day 11, and another friend is on Day 8. Join in if you are interested!!

Come on, it's just burpees... we all love to hate them!

Replies

• tracy63janis
    Options
    I'll join! Do I start with Day one or try to catch up to you guys???
  • aggiesrar05
    aggiesrar05 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Just start with Day 1 and let us know how you're doing!!
  • G30Grrl
    G30Grrl Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    OK, I'll bite. I'll do it. But I probably won't like it. Ugh. Sort of like self-inflicted torture. But what the heck, I'm a bit of a masochist anyway. Maybe I will like it after all! hehehe....
  • PhenomeNae
    PhenomeNae Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    oh my god. when i was training with kettlebells, our sadistic trainer made us do burpees for the whole work out. 100 burpees in an hour. :sick:

so are you doing rolling burpees or just regular ones?
  • Mjde225
    Mjde225 Posts: 2
    Options
    This sounds like a completely doable thing!
  • jenniejengin
    jenniejengin Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    I will think about it
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    hmm, sounds completely doable, until Day 30!
  • tabulator32
    tabulator32 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I thought Burpees was a seed company.

So, seriously, what's a burpee?
  • PShep17
    PShep17 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Yip, I'll join. How do we log all these beastly burpees?
  • MoreThanMommie
    MoreThanMommie Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I thought Burpees was a seed company.

So, seriously, what's a burpee?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYfNA_lmkHM
  • RMuske
    RMuske Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I will try.. Gosh I hope you guys stay on me I suck and being consistent. Today is day 1.. How do I log that? lol
  • McButtski
    McButtski Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Oh it's been a while since I've done a beloved burpee but I shall accept your challenge.

Starting tomorrow though, it's far too late now for that carry on :grumble:
  • lizzardsm
    lizzardsm Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Anyone want to create a group for this? I'm sooo in!
  • dithoma
    dithoma Posts: 31
    Options
    I'm going to do it :) this is going to be my first challenge on MFP
  • aggiesrar05
    Options
    oh my god. when i was training with kettlebells, our sadistic trainer made us do burpees for the whole work out. 100 burpees in an hour. :sick:

so are you doing rolling burpees or just regular ones?

Just regular ones! I was doing rolling burpees at CrossFit when I pulled a muscle... I don't suggest those ;-)
  • lizzardsm
    lizzardsm Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I created a group so everyone can keep each other accountable! Please feel free to join! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/6038-100-day-burpee-challenge
  • brandyk77
    brandyk77 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    this sounds horrible. I'm in for awhile at least!
  • aggiesrar05
    Options
    Anyone want to create a group for this? I'm sooo in!

Not sure how to set up a group, but I'll work on it tonight or tomorrow and then post the link. --- Edited ---- Awesome NEVERMIND... it's already been done. Thanks!!
    I will try.. Gosh I hope you guys stay on me I suck and being consistent. Today is day 1.. How do I log that? lol
    When I get the group up I guess we can post what we've done for the day in the discussion. As for logging calories, so far I haven't included it... but then again I'm only on Day 11. Once I get into the higher days I'll probably put my HRM on and see what it says.
  • aggiesrar05
    Options
    Ok everyone!! Get your burpees in today!!

Join the group http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/6038-100-day-burpee-challenge and post your update in the discussion!!!

I think it would be most organized if we made a thread for each day (the date) and then commented as to how many burpees you've done. If you go to post for the day and don't see a daily thread.. make one!! :-)

Good luck!!
  • EmRobo
    EmRobo Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I really want to do this, when you get to the big numbers do you have to do it in one go i.e 80 burpees, or can you split it over the day?