Is Maccas really that bad?

Options
chatnel
chatnel Posts: 688 Member
If you only have a burger? (without the drink and fries)

Replies

• Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    What's Maccas...?
  • sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Maccas = Mcdonalds

Sorry, a translation for all the Americans out there hahaha.

It depends on what you get. Check out the nutritional information. There's a ton of saturated fat in most of their foods but it's not a death sentance if you occasionaly get a burger. However, I wouldn't reccomend going there if you're trying to lose weight. I know it's hard to change habits but if you really want it you just have to do it.
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    it's crap
  • mfp_junkie
    mfp_junkie Posts: 359
    Options
    No, one burger at McD's isn't going to derail you, but make sure it is once in awhile, and not every other day.

Haven't heard Maccas since our trip to Melboure / Sydney / Port Douglas during Christmas 2010. Beautiful country you live in!
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I don't understand the reasoning behind eating McDonalds.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Yes.
  • chatnel
    Options
    oh you Americans, I changed chips to fries for you....................lol
  • chatnel
    Options

Because I was hungry and walked past
  • Kenhabes
    Kenhabes Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Buy some ground sirloin (lean) and mix with a panade (1 tbsp milk mixed with 1 piece bread no crust ripped into pieces; it's a paste). Mix together with seasonings and grill or broil. I guarantee you won't be disappointed. The panade really helps keep things moist. Make some ahead and freeze. Eat on a whole grain bun or lettuce wrap. YUM!
  • mcott1012
    mcott1012 Posts: 27 Member
    Options

Because I was hungry and walked past

:drinker:
  • katenmills
    katenmills Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    What'd you get? A cheeseburger has ~290cals which is do-able calorie-wise. It's the lowest cal burger on the menu other than a hamburger I think. However, I personally would not be full after eating one small cheeseburger. They're kinda tiny in my eyes. So I would've gone for a Big Mac... ~500cal. This is far too many cals for me for lunch time and even though I could incorporate it into my dinner cals, one Big Mac has about half your daily salt intake, 27g of fat and provides almost no valuable nutrients. Not much bang for your calorie buck.
  • chatnel
    Options
    I actually had a barcelona breakfast burger this morning (spanish omelette on a muffin) 350 calories.
  • cjv428
    cjv428 Posts: 124
    Options

Ditto. It tastes like crap. Give me Five Guys any day over McDonalds!
  • chatnel
    Options
    'five guys' :blushing: well I am sure you would burn more calories
  • cjv428
    cjv428 Posts: 124
    Options
    'five guys' :blushing: well I am sure you would burn more calories

Hehe, I'm guessing you don't have Five Guys where you live yet. It is basically the new McDonalds. I swear that they put crack in their food because it's just too good. They also throw so many additional fries in the bag so that your small order of fries is basically doubled. Oh America...