edamame salad

Options
marathon64
marathon64 Posts: 378 Member
I'm going to try this recipe tomorrow for the first time. Anyone have tried and true edamame salad recipes?

Link: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/healthy-garden-salad/

Healthy garden salad-allrecipes.com

Ingredients

5 tablespoons red wine vinegar
3 tablespoons grapeseed oil
1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
2 limes, juiced
1 teaspoon white sugar
3/4 teaspoon salt
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 (1 pound) package frozen shelled edamame (green soybeans)
3 cups frozen corn kernels
1 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
4 green onions, thinly sliced
1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
Directions

In a large serving bowl, whisk together the red wine vinegar, grapeseed oil, cilantro, lime juice, sugar, salt and garlic. Set aside.
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the soybeans and boil for 3 minutes. Add corn to the boiling water and continue cooking for 1 more minute. Drain very well, and pour into the bowl with the dressing. Gently mix in the cherry tomatoes, green onions and black beans. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving to chill and blend the flavors.

Replies

• Tamstar1985
    Tamstar1985 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    this recipe is ace! i could see myself putting in quinoa as well, or switching the black beans to chickpeas :D

thanks!!
  • kathryn75652
    Options
    yum sounds good :-) will have to try this :-)
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    Sounds delish! I love edamame. Thanks for sharing.
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    run4yourlife has an AWESOME edamame salad recipe !! I recommend asking her for it :bigsmile:

As for me, I just eat my edamame straight or add it to soups. I'm boring like that but I'd love to give this one a go sometimes. Let us know how it turns out :wink:
  • taahine01
    taahine01 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I've tried a salad similar to this recipe (if not the same one) and it was YUM - O - YUMMYLICIOUS!!!!
  • run4yourlife
    run4yourlife Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    run4yourlife has an AWESOME edamame salad recipe !! I recommend asking her for it :bigsmile:

As for me, I just eat my edamame straight or add it to soups. I'm boring like that but I'd love to give this one a go sometimes. Let us know how it turns out :wink:

Meag summoned me :laugh:

I eat this little concoction on a regular basis and I LOVE it! You don't need to cook a thing, just mix it in a bowl and enjoy! So easy!!

Put some frozen edamame (thawed), black beans, cut up green beans (I use about a 1/2 cup of each) in a bowl. Add some sunflower seeds (1-2 Tbsp), a Tbsp of rice wine vinegar, a Tbsp of apricot preserves and top with feta cheese. You can also add a splash of olive oil if you like. Tasty, filleing and loaded with protein and much goodness!

Bon Appetite!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I've made stuff like this. I love edamame!
  • tracyface399
    tracyface399 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Yum!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Sounds absolutely delicious! Will have to try it as well. Thanks for sharing. :happy:
  • 1grammie
    1grammie Posts: 163
    Options
    bump
  • Pattywack74
    Options
    Bump!! Thank you!!
  • PALady4JC
    PALady4JC Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    bump
    Sounds yummy!