men wearing shirts in the swimming pool

Options

Replies

• Forthe4
    Forthe4 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I just go swimming wearing floaties on my arms and steel toed work boots on my feet. Nobody really says much about my shirt anymore...
  • littlepinkhearts
    littlepinkhearts Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    I often think they're uncomfortable with their bodies hence the t-shirt. When I was chubbier I wore t-shirts too.

THiS^^^^^
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I don't blame them. I've never worn a t-shirt because I thought it looked awful in the water/after swimming but I won't wear bikinis. Don't think I should... I like tankinis. Maybe a one piece if it was flattering.
  • mommy2AR
    mommy2AR Posts: 2,802 Member
    Options
    It doesnt bug me... whatever they are comfy with!
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I have my 3 sons wear a rash guard when in the pool, b/c they are so light skinned. I'e seen older men wear shirts, but never really thought much about it. As long as they are comfortable with what their wearing, and not letting stuff hang out, then Im cool with it.
  • samf36
    samf36 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Heck I am a lady and I wear a tee in the water .. I really , really , really hate the sun.
  • ljthinks
    ljthinks Posts: 1
    Options
    I go to the pool and I just started wearing a tank top with my board shorts. I'm actually looking into getting some rashguard shirts which may look a little better from a fashion stand point. I think that males should wear shirts at the pool for a number of reasons. Using a shirt to prevent sun-burn is a good reason. If someone insecure with themselves you can where a shirt as well but every should be secure with themselves because that is what make you different. I'm a average guy and I am very secure with my body. I enjoy working out to stay in shape but I wear a shirt to cover up my chest area which should be acceptable. I think it is only fair for a guy to cover up his chest if a female does the same with a bikini top. Guys should not have to expose their chest if they don't want too, plus males should start leaving a little more to the imagination, I think.
  • mustang289
    mustang289 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Maybe they do it for the other swimmers...not everyone wants to be inflicted with the sight of a hairy back, whale belly, and man-boobs.
  • JusticeGirl25
    JusticeGirl25 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    My brother wears a t-shirt when he's in the pool and I find it a little weird since he's not overweight. Guess he don't want ladies to look at his body, LOL.
  • hOw2lozeAgiN10dAze
    hOw2lozeAgiN10dAze Posts: 1,841 Member
    Options
    Maybe they do it for the other swimmers...not everyone wants to be inflicted with the sight of a hairy back, whale belly, and man-boobs.

This made me laugh out loud!
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    NECROTHREAD!
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    Uh, I don't care?

I wear a t-shirt because I have see-through skin, and I burn in ten minutes without extra coverage. I even wear sunscreen UNDER the t-shirt, to have backup for my backup.

People wear t-shirts for other reasons besides confidence. Perhaps they just want to wear a t-shirt, because hell, they feel like wearing a t-shirt. Do they have to even have a reason? Do their reasons even matter?
  • Sapper0610
    Sapper0610 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I do because I burn easily and also it helps when my son wants to pull on my chest hair.
  • SoulRadiation
    SoulRadiation Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    I don't want to screw up my farmer's tan.
  • JLAJ81
    JLAJ81 Posts: 2,477 Member
    Options
    I get why guys do it but even at my biggest I didn't do it. I look worse with a wet shirt all snug on my big nipples over free moobing it.
  • SoulRadiation
    SoulRadiation Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    JLAJ81 wrote: »
    I get why guys do it but even at my biggest I didn't do it. I look worse with a wet shirt all snug on my big nipples over free moobing it.

You need a rashguard. Then you can look like the fat batman. They also have better spf.
  • Muscle_for_Fitness
    Muscle_for_Fitness Posts: 2,198 Member
    Options
    I like to wear a long shirt so I don't have to wear any shorts
  • bigmuneymfp
    bigmuneymfp Posts: 2,235 Member
    Options
    I like to wear a long shirt so I don't have to wear any shorts

Good idea!
  • FireTurtle75
    FireTurtle75 Posts: 2,014 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Meh, why would it be weird. Even skinny people have body image issues, some are afraid of frying like a slice of bacon, others it's a modesty issue. Plenty of reasons to both wear one or even to not wear one.

Personally, I do it because I'm less likely to be harpooned by a passing whaling ship. Not that this will be very likely at the local pool that I go to, but I'm still going with that excuse.

126h2xjt03vs.gif
  • WayTooHonest
    WayTooHonest Posts: 144 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I just think 'oh, he's wearing a shirt', and move on with my day. I'm no prize in the pool either, so no judgement from me for sure.