Rewards for reaching weight loss goals

Options
Hi, I was just wondering what others do to rewards themselves for weight loss. I know that just weighing less and being happy is a reward in and of itself, but I really like to have things to remind me that I reached a goal and will never gain that weight back. For example, when I reached my first goal, 138, I gave myself some nail polish and am now keeping my fingernails and toenails painted all the time. (I never painted either before)

So I'm not sure what to do for myself once I reach 133. I was considering buying more nail polish in a different color, and I'd be fine with that, but I'd rather switch it up.

I'm not going to use food as a reward, and my reward budget is about ten or fifteen dollars.

Any ideas? What do you do?

Replies

• THEsnails
    THEsnails Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Rewards besides eating? waaaaaaaaaaaah

I think clothing is good. It's nice to buy a cheap little sundress or something because you can finally fit in it without feeling gross.
  • Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Saving all my change in a jar that I used to spend on junkfood and snacks, so that when I do lose the weight I can go on a shopping spree. It adds up really quickly !
  • stingraycat
    stingraycat Posts: 33
    Options
    Snails, you should never reward yourself with food. It perpetuates an unhealthy relationship with food. Remember the whole eat to live don't live to eat thing.
  • do4fit
    do4fit Posts: 23
    Options
    @stingraycat - he is SAVING his money that he USED to spend on junk for, I am assuming, a clothes shopping spree at his goal weight.

OP - some goal idea's are: nail polish, start a charm bracelet and pick out a new charm for every goal, bigger goals get something like your hair done/mani/pedi/massage, buy better fitting clothes, new shoes, a new book/cd/dowload etc etc.

hope these help!
  • SuperVegan8
    SuperVegan8 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I like to take trips away or buy clothing - i think theyre the best ways to motivate yourself. Or perhaps a shorter training session followed by a movie or something relaxing. Sometimes taking a few hours to just chill out allows us to refresh and keep training hard :)
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    For me, my rewards have been clothes. Beautiful new clothes that look good on me. I never got to wear cute stuff when I was bigger because it never looked good on me.

I think it's good to have non-food rewards for yourself, something that encourages you to continue.
  • kimby57
    kimby57 Posts: 11
    Options
    My rewards focus on my new activities, kayaking and hiking. With your budget I would spend it going to a new trail to walk or river to paddle. :bigsmile:
  • teresadutton
    teresadutton Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I reward myself several times a month with either a mani or a pedi. I go to my weigh in and then go get either one. It is the 1 and only thing I splurge on for myself. and dang it I deserve it!!
  • Tall_E
    Tall_E Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I'm slowly (partly because of money and partly because I expect to need smaller sizes later) buying myself new clothes and it feels great to see how my shrinking body looks in the new duds. When I have enough to spend, I get a professional massage - great for body and soul! Sometimes I bring my lunch to work and go eat in the park as a break from eating indoors, even play on the swings... I'm experimenting with new hairdos and spent money on getting my hair conditioned in a salon, something I ignored when I didn't feel good about how I looked.