Ankle weights

Options
I'm a stay at home mom in FL and its way too hot to do anything outside. I recently bought some ankle weights that I wear around the house all day so I get a little more exercise (as if chasing my 2 year old wasn't enough, lol). And if I go to the mall or grocery shopping I wear them under my jeans. Hey.. every little bit helps! Good Luck all!

285139.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Diet Plans

Replies

• vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    I am glad to read that you are trying to work in fitness through out your day but I do not think it is good for joints to be wearing ankle weights like that. They are good for doing stationary moves like leg lifts to the side or front, sitting bringing knees to chest etc;;;;! Hope you never experience joint strain!! Best wishes to you at achieving your goal!!
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Please read this other thread.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/68336-walking-with-weights

Ankle weights are not good for you when walking..
  • Stefanie102684
    Options
    Wow! Well thanks.. I had no idea. OOps.
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    Remember also how much 'interval training' you are doing as your newly independent child sometimes wants to be carried through the mall and sometimes wants to run, up and down stairs or hills. Great muscle building too :wink:
  • paulamma1
    paulamma1 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I'm a stay at home mom in FL and its way too hot to do anything outside. I recently bought some ankle weights that I wear around the house all day so I get a little more exercise (as if chasing my 2 year old wasn't enough, lol). And if I go to the mall or grocery shopping I wear them under my jeans. Hey.. every little bit helps! Good Luck all!

285139.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Diet Plans

Hi Stephanie! Have you tried getting out early in the morning or later in the day? I was on vacation two weeks ago in Lauderdale-by-the-Sea FL, and either ran or did a dvd workout pretty much every morning. It was beautiful to run by the sea.

Just a thought. All the best with your fitness and health journey.