Dr Oz belly fat blasters

Replies

• meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,329 Member
    not to be rude, but do you seriously believe you can buy a hormone replacement over the counter?
  • katydid25
    katydid25 Posts: 199 Member
    Where are you hearing Dr. Oz gets paid for the products he talks about? I've heard a lot of people on this site say it, but I haven't found any other information on it.
  • kris4chloe
    kris4chloe Posts: 245 Member
    Dr Oz is a snake oil salesman.

^^^ this
  • I wish it was that easy I would look like I did before I had my first kid 24 years ago. But I am slowly getting there watching what I eat and lots of exercise.
  • MichelleMeche
    MichelleMeche Posts: 1 Member
    I've only watched 3 or 4 of his shows...and he suggests all of these different supplements on each show. I don't think your body could even handle taking all of them.
  • toysbigkid
    toysbigkid Posts: 545 Member
    I've only watched 3 or 4 of his shows...and he suggests all of these different supplements on each show. I don't think your body could even handle taking all of them.

THIS! I totally agree with this, you'd be all 300 lbs. of supplements!!
  • angelashay42
    angelashay42 Posts: 286
    Where are you hearing Dr. Oz gets paid for the products he talks about? I've heard a lot of people on this site say it, but I haven't found any other information on it.

Contrary to popular belief, you can't find everything on the internet. It's common sense that he gets paid for his endorsements. He uses brand names, which is illegal unless the company gives you permission to use as an advertisement.
    He is so popular, companies pay big bucks to get on his show. It's better than a commercial because it's a "real doctor" recommending it.
  • Enigmatica
    Enigmatica Posts: 879 Member
    I've had to do a lot of reading and doctor consults about hormones because of my own being so severely messed up for awhile there. I wouldn't go jumping on any kind of DHEA bandwagon any time soon. Lots of people have reported either no effects or unintended effects.

Hormones aren't that easy to play with anyway. Swallowing them in pill form doesn't mean your body is going to absorb and use them. Or they might throw other hormones out of balance. Or they might be the wrong hormone for your particular situation.

Here are some reviews of 7 Keto by a few who've tried it: http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplements/ingredientreview-835-7-KETO-DHEA.aspx?drugid=835&drugname=7-KETO-DHEA
  • DieVixen
    DieVixen Posts: 790 Member
    let me answer that in Dr Oz's native language "quack quack quack"
  • DB_1106
    DB_1106 Posts: 154 Member
    Every Oz show contradicts the previous day's show.

As far as "belly fat buster" or any other gimmicky lotion or pills, from what I know, you cannot target fat loss to any certain part of the body.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    In general, I take what Dr Oz says, and I do the opposite. Don't watch the show though. Just read the newest recommendations on the board.
  • Dr. Oz makes me want to stab him in the face.
  • angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Ask a penguin. I trust penguins more than I trust Dr. Oz
  • WhitneyAnnabelle
    WhitneyAnnabelle Posts: 724 Member

If you endorse one product for one specific ailment, such as belly fat, but not other competing products, you are most likely getting kickbacks. See: Dr. Mercola and the fight he perpetually has with the FDA
  • cmayfield3
    cmayfield3 Posts: 176 Member
    I wish there were a Dr Oz blaster that would send him to Oz or Mars or anywhere far away. He is ridiculous.
  • Mummsy
    Mummsy Posts: 347 Member
    I watched an episode last week, it was the supplement show. Oh my gosh. SO many supplements and take a trainload a day..... Then he never says take this with that or all of them or what. Not that I wanted to take any but I thought it was ULTRA confusing for those who MAY listen to him. Ugg. :noway:
  • _hi_hat3r_
    _hi_hat3r_ Posts: 423 Member
    I actually liked Dr. OZ until he started his own show....he does seem a little flaky now.
  • mrsbastone
    mrsbastone Posts: 83 Member
    I like Dr OZ but he is a sell out. I wish he would quit wasting his talents on a worthless show. Anybody can be a tv host, not everybody can be a doctor. I think he could serve the world better going back to being a heart surgeon.
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Every time I hear "Doctor Oz", I throw up a little. So I guess he's helping me lose weight in an Eating-Disorder sort of way.

Him and "Doctor Mercola", who well-meaning friends keep quoting when they tell me they've thrown out the stuff he recommended last week because he now says it's bad for them and they've just spent $250 on his latest bit of "gimquackery" that will finally once and for all give them superpowers and make them live forever.
  • cloud2011
    cloud2011 Posts: 898 Member
    Abs are made in the kitchen, as the saying goes. I doubt that any supplement can deliver a flat stomach. But you can eat the right things that will help. I found the book "The Flat Belly Diet" helpful. It recommends a specific plan, which I didn't really follow in detail, but the most helpful thing for me was the idea of incorporating monounsaturated fats with your meals.

Good luck!