Flipping the script

Options
I just wanted to say a quick hello. I have been using this site every day since the start of February. This place has been a godsend.

Anyway, I am a 32 year old male. I have struggled with weight for most of my life. I am trying to get it right this time. To not diet and lose weight, then gain it all back, but to make a healthy lifestyle change and do it for the long haul.

On February 3rd I weighed 308 pounds and decided enough was enough. Just short of 4 months later and I am down to 256. I still have a LONG way to go, and things are getting tougher, but I am getting there. I am finally flipping the script on this bull**** that's been holding me back for so long.

Anyway, I thought I'd check out these boards and connect with some other folks fighting the same fight. There is an open invitation to anyone out there to hit me up whenever. Thanks and good luck.

Replies

• slinne
    slinne Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    You have done great man. My wife and I started almost two months ago, and I couldn't be more happy.
    It can definitely be a challenge, but some things have become second nature.

Thank you for sharing you progress. It is very inspiring. I can't wait to get back down around the 250's, even if it still 75 lbs away from my final goal. I will definitely be keeping track of your continued progress to use as inspiration and motivation.
  • NanoPacket
    NanoPacket Posts: 22
    Options
    Great job, your about halfway to your goal. I know it can hard, but if you dont do it now it just gets harder. Keep it up!
  • TimothyPhoenix
    TimothyPhoenix Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    You have done great man. My wife and I started almost two months ago, and I couldn't be more happy.
    It can definitely be a challenge, but some things have become second nature.

Thank you for sharing you progress. It is very inspiring. I can't wait to get back down around the 250's, even if it still 75 lbs away from my final goal. I will definitely be keeping track of your continued progress to use as inspiration and motivation.
    Thanks a lot man. Hit me up any time.
  • TimothyPhoenix
    Options
    Great job, your about halfway to your goal. I know it can hard, but if you dont do it now it just gets harder. Keep it up!
    Love the picture and the tracker bro. I am a huge sports fanatic myself. Eagles fan, but still like your style.
    Hope Matt Flynn works out for you guys. Thanks for the kind words, take care.
  • lilorphann
    lilorphann Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You're doing great! I made my 455th day on here today. Me, my hubby, and son have lost a combined 380 pounds so far, all by changing how and what we eat and exercising. Keep up the good job!
  • TimothyPhoenix
    Options
    Congrats! You're doing great! I made my 455th day on here today. Me, my hubby, and son have lost a combined 380 pounds so far, all by changing how and what we eat and exercising. Keep up the good job!
    That is awesome, your family should be proud.