Tomarrow is my 1 month aniversary..

Options
i finally get weighed tomarrow for the first time since i started...i cannot wait to find out how much weight i have lost. I personally have not done that great this first month....but i still think i have lost quite a bit. I think its just adjusting to the new eating habits and getting use to eating less and feeling satisfied with it. I think that was my biggest problem. Most people would say i was not being healthy with my dieting habits...but for me its working...and i am not hungry. and i am still eating what i want just less of it. I am limiting the sugar very much. This really reduces the amount of calories i am eating...because i eat a lot of sugar. And my next months goal is to to eat more fruit..even it is higher in sugar..and stay almost all the way from the sweets, which is going to be hard because i am a sweet eater. But if i can put a limit to once a week, instead of everyday..i think i would feel that much better. Also my next goal is really get back into the exercise program of it..and stick to it this time I did really good the first two weeks and i got off of it..I am not giving up...even though it would be a normal for me to do that..but i have come to far and my family me a hundred percent...When my mom passed away in march due to weight issues, she was not able to change habits..it was to late for her to do anything majorly different to get the weight off. I think my mom gave up the weight loss battle a long time ago...dont get me wrong she ate less than i did most of the time..but she was not getting enough calories.....and her knees were in really bad condition...she could not even walk at all for a long time. She just slowly got worse...She was an inspiration to me because she loved life. nothing got her down...i never really understood that with all the complications she had..she never gave up trying. And i don't want to wait till its to late and i cant do nothing about my weight problem. I am the biggest one in the family...and all my family is overweight by a lot. I want to be difference the inspiration to make a change, and show them and everyone that with Gods help all things are possible...

I am doing really good...with dieting..i am not hungry..and i dont crave sweets as much anymore..and even when i do eat them i get sick even when its only a little bit. I just wish i had help to be sure i was doing it the right way...i seen a diectiian three weeks ago..and she said i was doing great...but was before i really got into the diet real well...and she did not help me at all...i was supose to see her on a weekly basis...and she does not want see me until the end of june..i did not understand that to well maybe her schedule was to busy..but i am the creek without a paddle on this diet all alone..and not knowing if its right or wrong...but i guess if i am not hungry and loosing weight why change it, its working right...well i will keep you all posted of how well i did. this site has been a life saver for me..talk to you all later christy.

Replies

• Kalynx
    Kalynx Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    you are doing great! I like how you're doing one thing at a time, fruit will help your sweet craving a lot!! :):) You are better off to do some reading on your own, research on the internet than rely on that nutritionist it sounds like. I'm proud of you for sticking to it, you should be too! I know your mom is!! :flowerforyou:
  • Chrisborro
    Chrisborro Posts: 85
    Options
    I can relate with the mom issue. Mine past away at age 51 due to weight and diabetes. I refuse to join her so soon. I have a life to live and so do you. Keep up the good work and take it a day at a time.
  • frootcat
    frootcat Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Fingers crossed for you! My scale always says nasty things to me on weigh-in days. The rest of the week it's all nice, saying flattering things, then it's ... well, anyway. We don't have a very good relationship.

Cutting back on 'bad foods' is a great start! I find the less I eat them, the less I want them. As far as exercise goes, one thing I really took to heart was to START SLOW. Any time I've tried to lose weight in the past, I've made these goals that seemed reasonable in my head, but when I actually got to trying to do them... it was more than I could handle. I'd get discouraged and quit. This time I really did it in small bites-- 10 minutes of walking at first, not even at a fast pace. I maybe felt like I could do more, but I stopped and waited for the following day-- sometimes my legs would be a bit more sore than I had expected. If I'd pushed myself, I wouldn't have been able to do it again the next day... And then I slowly built up, some days walking a little faster, other days walking a little longer. It really got easier! And I look forward to it too :)

When other people aren't around to watch me, I do everything with exaggerated movements, like I'm some kind of drama queen. It takes a little extra energy to bend over and pick up my socks with a flourish, and it adds up! (plus it's kinda fun).

Anyway, again, fingers crossed for you. :)
  • bridgeo74
    bridgeo74 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    You better get on here right away tomorrow so we know how well you did!!!!
    Keep up the good work!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!