Lemon Water

Options
hjy319
hjy319 Posts: 269 Member
Does anybody drink lemon water for its health benefits? I was wondering if it works and how much you drink a day.
Reading several articles online makes it sound promising for so many healthy benefits.

Replies

• jenniejengin
    jenniejengin Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    A girl friend of mine, swear by it. She drinks it first thing in the morning, b4 and after meals and last thing at night. I do not know how much though.
  • smartloobylou
    Options
    if you're trying to reduce your caffeine intake, hot water with a slice of lemon is a brilliant alternative, very healthy, ups your water intake and is detoxifying. its also a good way to keep yourself feeling full without calories. some people add sweetener. Great to detox first thing in the morning
  • hjy319
    hjy319 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I was looking at it for the detox benefits, and its health benefits. I have read it helps with anything from the cold/flu to heart burn, and digestion.
  • _hi_hat3r_
    _hi_hat3r_ Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Good detoxifier and relieves bloat
  • wiggywompus
    wiggywompus Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Good detoxifier of liver. I have a teaspoon Cyder vinegar and one honey of a morning. Cyder vinegar and honey both have good health benefits including detox, antibiotic. Since starting this regime my arthritis has eased.
  • tripitena
    tripitena Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan for the diuretic effect as retention is a problem for me.
  • MrsMichaud88
    Options
    This is a great topic/question! I enjoy drinking lemon water but rarely do unless I go out. I did not realize it did have any extra health benefits, good to learn. :smile: