Hey im new...

Options
Hi , I would love to hear any tips, success stories on weight loss to get me motivated and started ,

Replies

• phinphanbill26
    phinphanbill26 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    The most important thing to remember is this isn't a diet...it's a lifestyle change. Eat right, exercise and drink lots of water. And, occasionally, treat yourself to your favorate meal/dessert.
  • knrob
    knrob Posts: 65
    Options
    Log every day...it will really make you think about what is going into your body. My first lesson on MFP: if I work out...I can eat more! Exercise is really important!
  • DerDude
    DerDude Posts: 170
    Options
    First thing: Start by yourself! You do not need stories to think about your lifestyle.
  • Sexysavi
    Sexysavi Posts: 3
    Options
    congrats on the start......im myself sorta new and my experience so far is portion control.....healthy eating habits and lots of exercise will help with the weight loss. It really is a lifestyle change but some days of course you can splurge on your favorite meal or dessert...in moderation and with the appropriate extra exercise for it. It is tough at times....but perserverence is key! Good luck! :happy:
  • AGirlandHerFrenchie
    AGirlandHerFrenchie Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP - you'll love the site. You'll find lots of inspiration stories and motivation to keep you going when things get tough. Just remember do this for you and most importantly log everything - your food, your exercise, how you're feeling, why you're eating - it will all become clearer :)
  • rcolours7
    rcolours7 Posts: 69
    Options
    joining shows some of your motivation to be healthy.

start now w/deciding what things u want to change in ur daily food habits:
    1-drink more water

2- log everything you eat eveyrday so u know where u r at and where u need to make changes

3- in a few days, start changing things u eat by adding more fruit/veggies/nuts etc - healthier choices

4-make ur diary available to friends

5-slowly gain a support network here - find people who are in similar stage of life and/or motivation - we become a better support than ur family & friends u hang out w/

6-exercise everyday for at least 20 mins - start with walking or riding a bike....figure out what you like to do and stick to it. have a local friend u like to walk w/ - set up specific dates/times to walk and enjoy

have a great journey
  • MummyOfSeven
    MummyOfSeven Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    The most important thing to remember is this isn't a diet...it's a lifestyle change. Eat right, exercise and drink lots of water. And, occasionally, treat yourself to your favorate meal/dessert.

^^This^^
  • tami101
    tami101 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Log every day...it will really make you think about what is going into your body. My first lesson on MFP: if I work out...I can eat more! Exercise is really important!

^^^^^ This exactly! Welcome and good luck!

Also, friends for support are wonderful. Feel free to add me if you would like. =)
  • josiecowboy69
    Options
    This is so true. Even if you have something you know you shouldn't be having. LOG IT ALL, EVERYDAY!!!!
  • 6hourwalks
    6hourwalks Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hey, add me as a friend and I will be happy to give you advice, support, and encouragement.

Burn more calories than you consume and you will lose weight. So aim for a 1200 calorie/day intake, burn about 300-600 calories/day through exercise. And your body will burn about 1500 calories/day just to keep you breathing. So that's 1200 calories in minus say 300 calories out minus 1500 calories through normal functioning. So that's a calorie deficit of 600 calories per day. Do this and you will lose a small amount of weight every day.

Good luck.
  • memeroni
    memeroni Posts: 2
    Options
    hey! whats up, yall. im new to MFP. its awesome so far.
    im 20 and from louisville, ky. my goal is to LOSE WEIGHT. dont we all!
    AND.....to drink more water.
    i hatehate water. bleh.
    be my MFP!
    <3
  • memeroni
    memeroni Posts: 2
    Options
    congrats! you've got so much motivation and determination. keep it up!
  • banudeva
    banudeva Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi all, Am new to this..... I ike to reduce weight.... but i have lot of difficulties which i mentioned below.. please suggest what i wanna to do reduce the weight....

1. Usually am going to office around 7.00 Am and back to home around 7.00 pm.
    2. Get up at 5.30 / 5.45 Am for cook
    3. Am newly married
    4. Trying for conceive
    5. plannning to do Yoga but feel tired if i get up before 5.30.

Please guys, could u please suggest for this and help me to reduce the weight.....
  • wabrody
    wabrody Posts: 202
    Options
    Well you took the first step by chosing that you wanted to change. Just remember that you wioll have good and bad days. The question is how will you handle yourself during those times. Use the forums for advice. They are full of useful information. Oh and have fun. Feel free to add me if you want.
  • wabrody
    wabrody Posts: 202
    Options
    Hi all, Am new to this..... I ike to reduce weight.... but i have lot of difficulties which i mentioned below.. please suggest what i wanna to do reduce the weight....

1. Usually am going to office around 7.00 Am and back to home around 7.00 pm.
    2. Get up at 5.30 / 5.45 Am for cook
    3. Am newly married
    4. Trying for conceive
    5. plannning to do Yoga but feel tired if i get up before 5.30.

Please guys, could u please suggest for this and help me to reduce the weight.....

Well I am in about the same situation. i work from 0700 - 1930 every night. What I do is get to bed around 9 at night and i am up at 0400 every morning to go to the gym for a couple hours. So Breakfeast I am usually in a rush so I just have a protein shake and a bowl of oatmeal.

As for #5, I felt tired in the beginning when i started. that is why I try and get 7 hours of sleep before I go. It actually helps out. Also your body will get use to the routine after a while.

Hope this helps.
  • sammhop
    sammhop Posts: 8
    Options
    Hey i have decide to lose weight, im a vegetarian and wheat and gluten intolerent. any advice would be great. Thnx xx