Couch to 5k

Options
I thought to myself that I would commit to posting on here to let everyone know that I have started this (again!!). I've done day 1 of week 1 tonight (along with a 30 minute swim at lunch time) so feel suitably tired, but that nice tired!! I am going to make this work and stop putting it off when the going gets tough!!!

I expect a kick up the rear if any friends don't see an update by the end of Thursday!! I'm carrying a lot of weight and it is not going shift on it's own.

Good luck to everyone on this journey :love:

Vicky xxx

Replies

• PFJules
    PFJules Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I started this mid March and thought it would kill me. At the same time I stats on here although I wasn't too committed! C25k hooked me and not only have I lost almost 20 lbs, I now can run 5k quite comfortably and am doing the Race for Life on Sunday. My best advice is don't look ahead. Take each day as it comes and trust they won't ask you to do anything you aren't ready for! My second, make a 45 min playlist of all your favourite music! It really helps. Good luck Hun x
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    I started this mid March and thought it would kill me. At the same time I stats on here although I wasn't too committed! C25k hooked me and not only have I lost almost 20 lbs, I now can run 5k quite comfortably and am doing the Race for Life on Sunday. My best advice is don't look ahead. Take each day as it comes and trust they won't ask you to do anything you aren't ready for! My second, make a 45 min playlist of all your favourite music! It really helps. Good luck Hun x
    S

I'm starting it in a few weeks too, when I get some running shoes, but am worried about if this 240lb body can take it! I've already been doing a little run\walk and the calorie burns are amazing and I feel so happy afterwards! X
  • julieh391
    julieh391 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I just did W4D1 today. I LOVE Couch to 5K! I'm not running an actual 5K until October, so by then I should have decent speed and be down 20+ more pounds. I'm so excited!
  • heathermariew
    Options
    I am starting tonight week 1 day 1 :)
  • CaseyP1207
    CaseyP1207 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 7 and when I first started, running 3-5 minutes straight was tough! Now 28 minutes is nothing and I can run an entire 5k w/o stopping! GREAT PROGRAM!!!
  • gotchakatja
    gotchakatja Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm doing week 2 day 2 tomorrow. I'm so excited about this program. :D I'm already so much better than I was at the beginning of the first week.
  • MileyClimb
    MileyClimb Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I've done two one in spring 2011 I started out at a size 22/24 W dropped to a size 18 regular. I did one in summer 2011 dropped to a size 16 regular. I am now. working to get my last 67 pounds off. good luck
  • definitelyval
    definitelyval Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm new to my fitness pal, and also just (re)started the C25K program. I'm on Week 2, day 2. I feel like it ramped up really fast this time, but last time I did it, I was running on a nice cushy treadmill in an air conditioned gym. Now, I'm out at the park on the concrete, so it's a little tougher. But, I'm not giving up! Reading all the posts inspired me. :) Wishing everyone great running this week!
  • EKarma
    EKarma Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday! Tomorrow will be week 1 day 2, and I'm super excited! Let's do this!:drinker:
  • emb94
    emb94 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I start week 2 today - I am doing the Race for Life in July so I'm hoping the programme will get me there! After reading everyone else's comments on this, I'm feeling very positive!

Em x
  • VickyJo21
    VickyJo21 Posts: 9
    Options
    Hi it will trust me. I'm 290lbs and I've found ignore everyone around you and trust what you are doing :o) :smile: