Another Newbie

Options
Hello everyone. I have been on here for about a week and a half, but just made my way to the forums today.

Little background, I suppose.... First off, I'm 5'7 and I topped out at 199lbs about 3 years ago after having quit smoking for a little over a year. I got massively depressed and decided I needed to do something about it. I started going to the gym and trying to make better health choices. I lost the first 20lbs relatively easy in a little over a month, then I started to plateau. After that, I started weight watchers and over the next 10 months lost another 40lbs which brought me down to 139. That was a good weight for me and I felt good about myself, although I could have used some more toning.

Anyway, then I got engaged in 02/2011 and married 8 months later. Since the engagement I have managed to gain 35lbs back. I am now at 174. Basically, my ultimate goal weight is somewhere between 130-140.

Loving this website so far and hope I can continue to feel as motivated as I am right now! Today marks day 4 of eating good and day 3 of getting active. :)

Replies

• jaireed
    jaireed Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Lol! I know EXACTLY what you mean! I got married and gained 30 pounds in the last year! I decided in March (funny thing about birthdays!) that I'd better do something about it. I was determined to be my wedding weight by our first anniversary, June 12. I am almost there and so is the date. I need to lose a couple more pounds and I am excited to succeed! Always looking to provide/recieve support! Good luck to you and your success!
  • thisisforever21
    Options
    Sounds like you're doing great, that's awesome. Hopefully I do as well. :)

Thanks for the response!
  • soulynyc
    soulynyc Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    welcome .. aw the marriage pounds... i got some of those too.. and the baby pounds and the used to be a smoker pounds as well.. know it well. good luck
  • hlokitty12
    hlokitty12 Posts: 1
    Options
    Please count your blessings. I'm new to this forum and dealing with a neurolgical disorder as well. Shift truly happens. so I've got to move and don't look back.I am what I am! Shout out to everyone thats living it MOVE!!
  • thisisforever21
    Options
    Thanks to both of you and good luck in your goals, as well. :)
  • ClaireMal
    ClaireMal Posts: 45
    Options
    I managed to lose the baby pounds and then gave up smoking and put them and a lot more back on so I know what you mean.If you need a friend for a little motivation or support you can add me as a friend if you like
  • Kbutterly
    Kbutterly Posts: 5
    Options
    Yep I got the marriage pounds and the baby pound too!! Gawd what us women have to go through ( ",) I am married 6 years now and my youngest is 3, so it about time I got me back!! Im here 5 weeks and am well on my way to the old me! Best of luck, I'm sure you will do great! Feel free to add me as a friend. Karen
  • nikkibello
    nikkibello Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you like, I was around 100lbs when I was married (10 yrs ago), I'm 133 right now- yikes! It sucks doesn't it??? I'm hoping to get back into my skinny clothes. Lets support each other!