Blurred vision and dizzyness??

Options
dollaqie
dollaqie Posts: 74 Member
The past few days I experience blurred vision, dizzzyness and nausia, could this be because of the fact that I do not take sugar at all, I seldom eat fruit, and only get sugar if some in veggies??

Replies

• holliph
    holliph Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    if you are experiencing all of those symptoms you need to get to your doctor!
    yes it maybe just blood sugars are imbalanced but when it is vision & dizzy get to the doc!
  • dovesgate
    dovesgate Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    It could be something as simple (and sucky) as vertigo or an ear infection or it could be something major like a stroke or a heart attack. Go to your doctor and please don't wait to see what the internet expert diagnoses.
  • Maurice1966
    Maurice1966 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    if you are experiencing all of those symptoms you need to get to your doctor!
    yes it maybe just blood sugars are imbalanced but when it is vision & dizzy get to the doc!

What Holli said. No point hypothesizing about what ifs.
  • mrs_deg1983
    mrs_deg1983 Posts: 157
    Options
    The past few days I experience blurred vision, dizzzyness and nausia, could this be because of the fact that I do not take sugar at all, I seldom eat fruit, and only get sugar if some in veggies??

Yes you should see your doctor.

My husband gets like that if he doesn't have balanced carbs through out the day. He take in a big chunk of carbs in the morning then spreads them out during the day. If you are working out make sure u have carbs an hour before working out.
  • dvisser1
    dvisser1 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Go to a Doctor NOW! There are so many things this could be from minor (lack of dietary sugar) to major (stroke, anaphylaxis). Don't play internet doctor for yourself, go get medical attention tonight.
  • Vanilladays
    Vanilladays Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I TOTALLY AGREE WITH ALL THE ABOVE POSTERS.....there are many reasons for the symptoms you have experienced but you must get to a doctor...they will check pulse, blood pressure, bgl's etc. Without these tests you can not know if it is extremely serious or not!!!!! Please go ASAP!!!!!
  • mamaparks87
    mamaparks87 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Could be low on iron...this happened to me when my blood count got dangerously low. Definitely make your way to a doc bc symptoms like that are never good.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

you can get these symptoms on a low carb diet due to the diuretic effect. The answer is to increase your salt intake. One day you had 4g of sodium but another was very low below 1g.

Carbohydrates help retain sodium and water - http://www.jumpstartmd.com/conclusion-demonizing-salt-does-it-make-sense/ - so low carbing can produce low blood pressure, feeling faint when standing etc until the equilibrium is restored.
  • SurfinBird1981
    SurfinBird1981 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Do not take advice from anyone other than a doctor!
  • FerryfieldLad
    FerryfieldLad Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Do not take advice from anyone other than a doctor!

+1 to this!
  • BeautifulKristen
    Options
    ok question what if she doesn't have insurance to go see a doctor nor money??
  • laurabini
    laurabini Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I sometimes experience that because I have very low blood pressure, could that be your case too?
  • mamaparks87
    Options

when I was in that boat I went to the ER. They see you and bill you later. In some cases at some hospitals you can qualify for assistance with you bill. I once went and ended up paying nothing because after filling out a form I was given a grant. or something like it.
  • castadiva
    castadiva Posts: 2,016 Member
    Options
    Go to the doctor as soon as possible, and get it checked out - there could be any number of reasons, some very serious, others easily fixed. That said, have you recently introduced anything new to your diet? You could be having an allergic reaction, and certain chemical 'diet' products/sweeteners, if you have no built-up tolerance/resistance, can produce all sorts of symptoms - I experienced blurred vision, dizziness and loss of feeling in one arm when I accidentally drank an aspartame-sweetened drink a year or so ago, with no developed tolerance - I've actively avoided aspartame for 22 years. I also found myself getting very dizzy when I tried a popular brand of diet shake some years ago. Just something to think about. Regardless, get to a medic sooner rather than later.
  • BeautifulKristen
    Options
    well my fiance said he is having dizzy spells, and sometimes he feels like he is floating. and he also said that he has vertigo as well.. and he had a iron defiency when he was younger and no we don't eat much meat because I really don't like it.. But i wonder if he starts eating more meat would he get better?

(sorry for asking this question in your thread but you said some things that my fiance has)
  • Sam_Hain
    Sam_Hain Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Think there are laws about refusing care and options to get free or low cost care. Potentially dying or having severe lifelong issues... it may be a good idea to look into these options now. And I mean this in a no nonsense caring kind of way for anyone who may be in the situation. :flowerforyou:
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options

Oh, well in that case, it's FAR better to be seriously ill or die.

I don't care how broke someone is - and I'm really, really broke - your health is something worth risking debt for.
  • mamaparks87
    Options
    well my fiance said he is having dizzy spells, and sometimes he feels like he is floating. and he also said that he has vertigo as well.. and he had a iron defiency when he was younger and no we don't eat much meat because I really don't like it.. But i wonder if he starts eating more meat would he get better?

(sorry for asking this question in your thread but you said some things that my fiance has)

by the time symptoms of that nature show meat wont help. he may need a blood transfusion if it is anemia.
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a blood glucose issue or dehydration. Either way, Dr's is best bet.
  • REET420
    REET420 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Go to the doctor ASAP. It could be a stroke or some blockage in your arteries. I'm not trying to scare you but it's better to be safe than sorry. If you go and they might be something minor but at least you'll know what's wrong.