Cheating on the weekends.....

Options
I have to confess....I cheat on the weekends. Get your minds out of the gutter, I mean I cheat on my eating plan( I prefer that term to diet). One day on the weekend I eat whatever I want, or almost whatever I want. My daughter loves to go to McDonalds, and so I don't deny myself what I really want and thats cheeseburger.
I know McDonalds has healthier choices, and if we go there during the week I choose something on the healthier side. But on the weekends, its a free for all. And sometimes I even eat dessert, yum!

Does anyone else cheat? If so, what do you break your meal plan committment to have?

Replies

• csingleton24
    csingleton24 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I usually cheat on weekends also. It's harder to stay on track during the weekends for me due to the many BBQ's friends throw, plus football! I love me some chili cheese fries! We always snack during the games so that kills me sometimes. Plus all the alcohol flowing! I've been trying to keep it in check lately. Started to eat great for breakfast and lunch and then cheat for dinner. I found that if I limit it to one meal on Saturday and Sunday it's better for me. I just can't cut the wine though! :ohwell:

This weekend I am hosting a wine tasting with food, so I'll try to be good all weekend (other than Saturday night)!
  • kak1018
    kak1018 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I hear ya on this one. I am a Saint Monday-Friday but come Saturday I want something salty and to chase it down with an alcoholic beverage. I have managed to maintain this way but still have a pesky few lbs to go and they won't go anywhere with my cheats.
  • passionhi
    passionhi Posts: 118
    Options
    I usually cheat on weekends also. It's harder to stay on track during the weekends for me due to the many BBQ's friends throw, plus football! I love me some chili cheese fries! We always snack during the games so that kills me sometimes. Plus all the alcohol flowing! I've been trying to keep it in check lately. Started to eat great for breakfast and lunch and then cheat for dinner. I found that if I limit it to one meal on Saturday and Sunday it's better for me. I just can't cut the wine though! :ohwell:

This weekend I am hosting a wine tasting with food, so I'll try to be good all weekend (other than Saturday night)!

yes chili cheese fries are the best. thats something worth breaking the rules for !!
  • csingleton24
    csingleton24 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    And it's gotta be the processed cheese! The melt factor makes it the best! YUMMMM....
  • oliviarolfe
    oliviarolfe Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    UGHH i totally agree, i CANT get rid of the alcohol inmy life! i just love hanging out having a drink, and then beforei know its 5 in the mornign and i drank a weeks worth of of calories in alcohol in one night. Any suggestions on how i can slow down my love life with alcohol?! :brokenheart:
  • oliviarolfe
    oliviarolfe Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    UGHH i totally agree, i CANT get rid of the alcohol inmy life! i just love hanging out having a drink, and then beforei know its 5 in the mornign and i drank a weeks worth of of calories in alcohol in one night. Any suggestions on how i can slow down my love life with alcohol?! :brokenheart:
  • passionhi
    Options
    I feel like a deserve a reward for being so good during the week. If I know have been really bad during the weekend, I will add 5-10 minutes to my cardio each day of the new week. And sometimes I will get up early enough Saturdays so that I can take a brisk walk to cut down on some of the damage I know that I am about to do. LOL!!
  • passionhi
    Options

Depending on what you're having I suggest, go low cal. Try light beer; for instance, a bud light only has 110 calories. Or only drink clear liquor you can burn off the calories quicker. Or just add less alcohol to each mixed drink, water them down a litle; you will still have a full glass but just more water to make you feel like you drinking more.
  • chgudnitz
    chgudnitz Posts: 4,079
    Options
    I have to confess....I cheat on the weekends. Get your minds out of the gutter, I mean I cheat on my eating plan( I prefer that term to diet). One day on the weekend I eat whatever I want, or almost whatever I want. My daughter loves to go to McDonalds, and so I don't deny myself what I really want and thats cheeseburger.
    I know McDonalds has healthier choices, and if we go there during the week I choose something on the healthier side. But on the weekends, its a free for all. And sometimes I even eat dessert, yum!

Does anyone else cheat? If so, what do you break your meal plan committment to have?

Here's the weird thing. 6 months ago I would have had my mind in the gutter. Now I hear cheat and think "oh, someone's eating something they shouldn't be" :laugh: Funny how time changes the way you look at things.
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    For me, I go with stronger beers. Even though they have more calories, they tend to be more filling, more flavorful and I feel the effects sooner, so I don't need as many. Guinness is great for this and it only has 140 calories, which is still less than most sodas.
  • raemundo
    raemundo Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I used to do this, but then I found it really hard to get back on track!! And I just felt gross afterward.
    I mean, if there's something I want (usually dessert) I won't deny myself. My mom tortured me by bringing out pumpkin ice cream last night haha.

I think if you're still exercising those days, no big deal! I just don't give my self a free-for-all day, because it's not good for me personally.
  • imabhealthy
    imabhealthy Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    yup, i have always done this since I started on MFP. My little "reward" for doing so well during the week, it starts Friday night! I have noticed, though, that my choices on the weekends are healthier and healthier, and the portions are smaller. I still eat what I want, if this is gonna be a life change, i can't deprive myself, but I try to eat less of it.
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    We pretty much blow off one meal a week - usually a lunch or dinner on the weekend. Thing is, we'll sleep in, nibble a little something and basically skip breakfast - then exercise later and wind up with a late-lunch/early-dinner. So we just really eat one "Meal" that day, and it's not so bad. One honkin' big feast, and not even go over on calories most of the time.:smile:
  • ShellyLee
    ShellyLee Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I have "cheat days"... although it's usually more like a cheat meal.. rarely do I have full days where I'm bad. Like today I had class all day and didn't feel like driving to get lunch so I bought a grilled cheese (not quite sure it was lower calorie than the fried chicken sandwich would have been after watching them make it lol) and french fries from the cafeteria they have on campus. But the rest of my day has been good and it's also a running day for me.
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,550 Member
    Options
    I cheat on the weekends too...except in my case it's not eating. For many years, I've starved myself and on the weekends, without deadlines, clocks, or set routines to guide me, I tend to go for hours and hours without a single bite. I'm trying to improve that, however.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I cheat, but not on any specific day. Last night I had cookies...actually I took up most of my calories with cookies. Cookies are little chocolate chipped demons.
  • passionhi
    Options

Here's the weird thing. 6 months ago I would have had my mind in the gutter. Now I hear cheat and think "oh, someone's eating something they shouldn't be" :laugh: Funny how time changes the way you look at things.

LOL!!! I know it funny how lifestyle changes can change how you think or perceive different things.
  • NykkieC
    NykkieC Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I include a cheat meal every Saturday...it usually ends up being pizza! Yummm :love:
  • passionhi
    Options
    yup, i have always done this since I started on MFP. My little "reward" for doing so well during the week, it starts Friday night! I have noticed, though, that my choices on the weekends are healthier and healthier, and the portions are smaller. I still eat what I want, if this is gonna be a life change, i can't deprive myself, but I try to eat less of it.

I know what you mean, sometimes I feel guilty for doing it. But I brush it off, and enjoy the meal(s) LOL!!!
  • passionhi
    Options
    We pretty much blow off one meal a week - usually a lunch or dinner on the weekend. Thing is, we'll sleep in, nibble a little something and basically skip breakfast - then exercise later and wind up with a late-lunch/early-dinner. So we just really eat one "Meal" that day, and it's not so bad. One honkin' big feast, and not even go over on calories most of the time.:smile:

I have done this before, and I usually feel like a stuffed rat afterwards. LOL Its the times where you really don't care about your calorie intake, that you seem to stay well under or with in them, funny.