Toning Arms

Options
Hestion
Hestion Posts: 740 Member
Ok I have to admit the one thing I'm really really lazy with is toning, and I hate my arms, I have some dumbells that I never use!

Whats good for helping get rid of those bingo wings, and exercises I'm likely to do?

Thanks in advance.

Replies

• josiecowboy69
    Options
    Ok I have to admit the one thing I'm really really lazy with is toning, and I hate my arms, I have some dumbells that I never use!

Whats good for helping get rid of those bingo wings, and exercises I'm likely to do?

Thanks in advance.

I wish I knew, I asked my husband last night, that if I made up some dough and just kneaded it. Would it tone my bye bye fat on my arms? He said it.probably would and I seem to think so also. I know I could probably take out some aggression on it! Lol
  • _hi_hat3r_
    _hi_hat3r_ Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Tricep dips and static curls
  • imogenjade
    imogenjade Posts: 131
    Options
    im the same!!!1:wink:
  • LeggyKettleBabe
    LeggyKettleBabe Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I use a 10lb kettlebell, it has toned my arms so much i get compliments from strangers all the time and i had really saggy arms. You should try it.
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Boxing or Wii tennis - but as with anything you have to do it like your life depends on it :)
  • Hestion
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions so far :-)

I dont have a WII, I keep saying I should buy one ;-)
  • Claire411
    Claire411 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Just grab a soup can (or anything else with a slight weight to it) from your pantry and alternate arms doing tricep reps while you cook dinner, or breakfast or lunch.

It's super easy and not boring. :)
  • HMD7703
    HMD7703 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    I know this won't be your favorite answer, but I am a huge fan of lifting heavy for results.

OK, I know you are thinking, "But Heather, I don't want to bulk up". You won't. Trust me. Build those muscles up with low rep, high weight sets and see results. Still not convinced on lifting? Push-ups! Dips! And more. Even if you can't do a full push-up, keep doing them. You will see results, but nothing happens overnight!

Good luck and keep pushing! (Or lifting hahah)
  • Soon2BeMrsThomson
    Options
    I know this won't be your favorite answer, but I am a huge fan of lifting heavy for results.

OK, I know you are thinking, "But Heather, I don't want to bulk up". You won't. Trust me. Build those muscles up with low rep, high weight sets and see results. Still not convinced on lifting? Push-ups! Dips! And more. Even if you can't do a full push-up, keep doing them. You will see results, but nothing happens overnight!

Good luck and keep pushing! (Or lifting hahah)

Agree with this 1 million percent - using 2Kg dumbells is going to do little or nothing for you!! Lift heavy to tone!! I've lost over 6cm in total off my arms by weight training and they are not big just toned and taut :drinker:
  • rxj22
    rxj22 Posts: 23
    Options
    "Toning" is simply a buzz word the fitness industry uses to describe fat loss. If you lose fat you will increase the visibility of muscle. For example, if you look at my avatar you can see my abs are "toned" but I never train abs, they were already there. All I had to do was lower my body fat and my abs started to take on the "toned" look. No exercise can reduce fat in a specified area, when you are in a caloric deficit you will lose fat everywhere in your body. Anyone that tells you otherwise is either uninformed or trying to sell you something. Good luck!
  • Hestion
    Options
    Thanks guys, I will invest in some kettlebells, and just keep doing as much as I can, carrying the shopping today must have helped lol
  • PHATmommy68
    PHATmommy68 Posts: 112
    Options
    I use a 10lb kettlebell, it has toned my arms so much i get compliments from strangers all the time and i had really saggy arms. You should try it.

I, for one, don't know how to use a kettle ball
  • cjcardona0829
    Options
    I do standing up push up while in the shower a rep of 10 x 2 and it has help me a lot, it don't take much time out of my busy schedule i shower twice a day so 20 stand up push up while in the shower.. try it I know is weird..
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Lift heavy. The word toning is used so wrong all the time... You have to lift heavy in order to build muscle before you have anything to 'tone'.
  • Hestion
    Options
    CJ - I like the multi tasking!lol

Ok will look at weights of some sort, so that I can build the muscle ;-)