5 Foot 4 Women?

Options
If so what is your goal weight? Body type? I am embarking on year three of weight loss/healthy living. I have gotten as low as 144 (wearing a size 4/6) but my body is now floating around 150. I wear a size 6 or on a PMS day an 8. I am focusing more on toning this year and trying not to worry too much on the scale. I was just wondering if there are other women out there in my boat?
THANKS!

Replies

• abird75
    abird75 Posts: 1
    Options
    Jenn, I'm about 5' 4-1/2" and have generally looked my best in the high 130's to 140. I am busty (as you may well recall) but I am currently a size 10 at 150 and never make it below at 6 at my thinnest. I once made it down to a size 4 but I had c-diff at the time and was studying for the Bar Exam. :-)

My body type is very hour-glass.
  • britanygtc
    britanygtc Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I am 5 foot 5. I got down to 135 at my lowest, but over the last two years, I have crept back up to 155. It has beena tough 2 years: full time nursing school and the break down of my marriage. I just finished school and I am looking to get back on track. As of right now, my goal is 140. I was happy at 135, but it was very difficult to keep at that weight. BMI charts say I should be around 125, but I have hips and a chest; I like my curves. I just want toned, healthy curves.
  • justjen0117
    justjen0117 Posts: 50
    Options
    I"m 5'4 and my current weight is 132. I'm working to get to 120 but I'm not going to kill myself to do it. I wear a 6 I guess....sometimes a 4 (but I'm almost positive it's mismarked- lol). But, being 41 I'm just going to take as much time as I need to.

I'm a classic apple shape - fantastic legs but my midsection is my trouble spot.

I've just stalled after losing 12 lbs to get to 132 over a period of about a year. I just bought a Bodymedia Fit and I'm completely fascinated by it. I'm hoping it'll help me get over my fear of eating more than 1200 calories/day!
  • smyle4me4ever
    Options
    5'4 .. Medium Frame... 142 at this point... trying to get to the mid-high 120's
    I'm a size 8 now and some of those are tight (big butt/hips)... Was a typical pear shape (until I had breast augmentation years back).
    I couldn't even think about trying a 6. I will be quite upset at a 10 (nothing personal toward anyone.. I'm just scared to hit the double digits in clothes).
  • JennBennett410
    Options
    Isn't it crazy how different weight can be on everyone? Thanks all!!!!
  • Irish_Lanie
    Irish_Lanie Posts: 100
    Options
    Im very curvy, busty, wide hips, etc. Im currently 135 (size 6/8) and like being at 125 (size 4/6) :)
  • wahmx3
    wahmx3 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I was thinking the same thing! I am 5'4", weigh about 144 and wear a size 10. Goal is about 130 and hopefully a size 8, although it takes 15-20 pounds for me to lose or gain a size. I am hopeful by exercising and toning that a size 8 will fit great.
    Isn't it crazy how different weight can be on everyone? Thanks all!!!!
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4, highest 136 lowest (few weeks ago) 111. I wear a size 1-3 depending on the brand. :) I guess I could be considered medium to small frame!
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    I started at 142 with a goal weight of 127. I got there in 6 mosl, maintained for 3 mos, and then started lifting heavy, so my weight is going up; I'm at 132 now. It's a work-in-progress, and I'm ok with it.

Here's something to really inspire you, especially at your height!

Check out this girl, Staci. She's 5'4 too, and went from 170 to 117 with cardio only, then starting lifting heavy and now she's 142 with an unbelievable enviable body and 6-pack.

Man, if I can get that body, I'll go back to 142 in a heartbeat!

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/
  • sgjohnson89
    sgjohnson89 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    5'4 and right now 143. Goal weight is 125!
  • mini72
    mini72 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4'' and am 170 right now.My first goal is 142 and after that I will see how I look.
  • naiils
    naiils Posts: 20
    Options
    5'4 72kg and I measure Bust 40in waist 33in hips 40in.. I detest what the scales tell me. I'm wanting to lose another 2in off each
  • Kichelchen
    Kichelchen Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 4'' and I have tiny wrists, so I believe I'm small framed. Although I'm a classical pear, so I do have a biiiiig bum and thighs^^ My goal weight is 131 and I'm 22, so still young, I don't understand why people would want to go any lower than that? Ah, but that's just me, I'm not digging the stick-look, I'm working out a lot, so I'm hoping to get toned and muscly and might even be happy at 135. But that's still a long long way to go :)
  • PinkAndSparkle
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and have a LARGE frame (line backer shoulders and all!) I weigh in the mid 130s and wear a 4ish (sometimes a 2, sometimes a 6). I don't weigh myself, but I'd like to reduce body fat and increase muscle mass.
  • MissMaggie3
    MissMaggie3 Posts: 2,464 Member
    Options
    Another 5' 4" person here, with a small frame (those tiny wrists again). These days I'm weighing in around 116-119, having put on a few pounds from weight lifting. I'm from the UK, so our sizes are different, but I'm generally in the smallest on offer in the shops. I'm an apple, so although my weight is relatively low, I am still carrying fat around my middle.
  • twinmom01
    twinmom01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I am the opposite of a lot of you...I am currently sitting at 175 - 178 with a large frame - with curves - my weight is very evenly distributed on me so I look smaller. I currently wear a 12/14

I have been kickboxing and started lifting about 6 months ago and changed my focus to appearance - rather than weight on the scale. My body has changed quite a bit in the last 6-8 months - to the point I have had people ask me if I have lost upwards of 50 lbs...I (I have lost about 20 since last Novemeber)

That being said right now my goal is simply a basic size 10...because of my hip bones it would be nearly impossible to get any lower (my sister who is 3" taller than me and has nice flat abs wears size 10 in pants because she was blessed with the same hips - of course she can get away with those low rider hip pants...) I would rather be "thick" without jiggle in my wiggle - based on my workouts and such I think i could actually get to a size 10 if the scale weight was about 165 based on my body composition...
  • kellym0710
    kellym0710 Posts: 31
    Options
    I am also 5'4" and also have curves. I am currently at 166 and in a size 12. Unlike so many others on here I wold love for my chest to go down with my weight but so far I have only lost 10lbs and my chest is still the same size.
  • golden6911
    golden6911 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4" and weigh about 135 now. I have a medium-small frame and my ultimate goal is around 125 lbs. I have weighed less than that at times, and I don't look good - people start telling me I am too thin once I dip below 120. I wear a size 6-8. I am not really sure what build I have - I do have stubborn belly fat that never seems to go away no matter how thin I am, but I am not sure I am an apple. I have wide shoulders and somewhat narrow hips.
  • cleavagefurrow
    cleavagefurrow Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4, currently at 132lbs, highest weight probably around 145-150lbs. Goal weight is 125lbs. How do you know if you're small/med/large framed?
  • nlwilliamson
    nlwilliamson Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I am 5`3 and currently weigh 184lbs, I am aiming for 150-140lbs. I have never been that small so I will see how I feel the closer I get :)