What kind of MFP friend do you need?

Options
imchicbad
imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
Do you want a friend who tells you the truth, gives you an honest opinion (with out being mean) or a the friend who says, 'yeah Mcdonalds is ok, and dont log your food...this is so hard.. lies when logging exersize, and still eating junk, and not encouraging or supportive like-or whats your favorite liquor, wanna date.....or the friend who says " Skip the fast food try this, and hey i know a good guiltless pizza recepie, and you can do it, i use to think the same thing, let me help'." Then Thats me.

Replies

• Shawn8216
    Shawn8216 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    glad to have added you :flowerforyou: I'm that type of person that will offer encouragement and whatever choice you do end up making, no judgements because its everyone's choice to do what they want. But I'll offer other options when things are getting rough and eating healthy or flubbing up, its always best to be honest with yourself. Thats probably one of the hardest things in the weight loss journey is admitting to oneself that you can mess up but its NOT over, each day is a new start to continue the journey :happy:
  • obum88
    obum88 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Honesty!
  • Bagman12002
    Bagman12002 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    some one who is not a friend collector and has input, I get we all get busy but at some point thru the week they can interact.
  • RoseCathy
    RoseCathy Posts: 9
    Options
    I am looking for friends on a vegan diet. Where to get recipes and information on nutrition.
  • luppic8
    luppic8 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Honest and supportive!
  • Broderick50
    Broderick50 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    i like how everyone is so positive but as a former athlete i respond to telling me what i'm doing wrong and telling me to get it done if it hurts my feelings then so be it it will only make me try harder add me if you like i can be the positive person all the time but i prefer not to
  • WaimanaloMan
    WaimanaloMan Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I get on with people who are optimistic about their weight loss, no matter how much or how little they have to lose. The way I figure, this is a challenge and like minds make all the difference. I respect when people are honest about their routines, if they eat too much they don't fake their numbers here, and when they post progress it's because they actually earned it. Life is too precious for negativity, anyway in my opinion! Oh yeah and people who log on regularly :D
  • specialtreat
    Options
    I need honest sometimes hard on me friends to keep me in line. Understanding that life happens and emotions happen

This ^^
    Please feel free to add me as a friend :)
  • Lovely135
    Lovely135 Posts: 161
    Options
    A supportive one.
  • pseel42
    pseel42 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I am looking for a judgement free friend. I have been judged my entire life by people who are supposed to be there for me...family, spouses, loved ones!!

I am 42 years old and I have been overweight for over 20 years. It is very hard for me to change. I need help and support and I need people around who actually/truly care!!

I have serious trust issues so for me to be here posting is difficult but I am willing to give it a try.

I'm 5 feet tall and weigh 204 lbs!! I have finally come to realize that this is UNACCEPTABLE!!!

So any help/support that I find will be welcomed.

Thanks for listening!!
    Paula :embarassed:
  • chowells78
    chowells78 Posts: 17
    Options
    somebody who is honest and sopportive
  • angeliqueib
    angeliqueib Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I want honesty and support without judgement. Sometimes I may have a bad day or things going on that affect my choices and I don't want to be made to feel bad about that. I will probably feel bad enough on my own. I think support through the ups and downs is important....something along the lines of--hey, you had a bad day, that's ok. Maybe next time try x instead of y--is much better than--I can't believe you ate that! what were you thinking?!
  • yentess
    yentess Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    We all need a little constructive criticism sometimes. I don't see the point of adding friends on here if you aren't looking for people to keep you accountable and offer support and advice to help reach your goals :smile:
  • RenVan
    RenVan Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    An awesome one like you!
    I'm getting SO sick and tired of all the stupid posts on this site that have NOTHING to do with being healthy, trying to lose weight, exercise tips or motivation....

GRRR!!
    :)
  • Sunpoet
    Sunpoet Posts: 67
    Options
    I want sensitive and caring support. People who understand that for many, this is the hardest journey of their life. I don't need judgement, I know I'm not perfect. However, I'm willing to make changes in order to get results and I want people around me who can lift me up when I need it and walk besides me as a fellow friend on this life journey.