diet, weight loss and night shift (12mn-9am) :ohwell:

Options
:ohwell: i'm having a hard time losing weight. i can't figure out a way to balance or plan my diet. i work night shift (12mn-9am). i wish to sleep at 11am to luckily wake up by 6 or 7pm to complete my sleep pattern. (though sometimes it happens.) but normally, i sleep at 12 then wakes up by 5 - 6pm. i need help. migraine attacks and back pain (whole back is really aching). i weigh 87kgs at my height of less 5'8"....if you have any inputs that may help...please let me know. ^_^ thanks!

Replies

• carld256
    carld256 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Do you stay on night shift all the time? Or do you try to revert to regular hours on your days off? I'd suggest taking a low dose of Melatonin as soon as you get home and seeing if that helps you sleep.

I worked 3rd shift for years. It can be really hard on your body, but getting sufficient sleep should help a lot.
  • Nurse_Jessica13
    Options
    I'm a nurse and work 7p-7a on the nights I work I eat a normal meal before I go in and then throughout the night I do a lot of water, some raw veggies and a protein shake! And I definitely switch to a normal schedule on my days off! What have you been doing on the nights you work?
  • iary20
    iary20 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    you can try to avoid having heavy meal before you sleep and maybe keep track of your calorie intake.. have healthy snacks at ur bag.. :))
  • misisLen
    misisLen Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    whoa...thanks for your updates guys...

i will try to drink lots of water... ^_^ i'll check on the Melatonin...

@carld256 and jng32,do u take vitamins or supplements?

i spend all night sitting and facing my computer...
    my remedy for the back pain is to stretch and walk around the office...

what kind of raw veggies do you eat jng32?
    healthy snacks on my table iary20! and i just removed it today because it attracts my attention and i tend to eat more...
  • carld256
    carld256 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I take a daily men's multivitamin
    vegan DHA/DPA (same as fish oil)
    Calcium and Vitamin D because of a bone injury
    Potassium for blood pressure
    Echinacea for an immune system boost
    Saw Palmetto for prostate health
    Turmeric and Cinnamon to reduce insulin resistance